Xitao Liu, Ph.D., Professor and doctoral supervisor of Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Member of youth innovation promotion association, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Postal address： No. 155, Yangqiao West Road, Fuzhou, Fujian, P.R. China
Postal code： 350002
Rational Design of Photoferroelectric Crystalline Materials for Photoelectronic Applications
Photoferroelectrics, a class of solid state materials that show both photosensitive and ferroelectric properties, have fascinated scientists for decades owing to their distinguishing photoelectric features, which is termed as bulk photovoltaic effect (BPVE). However, most of the traditional ferroelectrics suffer from wide bandgaps, high internal resistances or poor carrier transportation, which becomes the potential bottleneck for further photoelectronic applications. Recently, the emerging halide perovskites are emerging as a promising class of semiconductors for photoelectric applications due to their excellent charge transport, superior stability, and natural quantum-well effect. The authors presented a targeting strategy, termed as space confinement driven dipole arrangement method, for exploring novel photoferroelectrics in halide perovskites by combing the functional elements of ferroelectric polarization with photoelectric functional metal-halogen skeleton. Moreover, it is intriguing to exploit the BPVE in these materials for developing new generation of ferroelectric polarization driven self-powered polarization-sensitive photodetection and related techniques. These findings not only shed light on the rational design of high-performance solid state photoferroelectrics also promote their further applications in photoelectronic devices.
Shandong University: Jinan, Shandong, CN
2009-09 to 2014-06-30 | Doctor student (State Key Laboratory of Crystal Materials and Institute of Crystal Materials)
Guizhou University: Guiyang, Guizhou, CN
2005-09 to 2009-07 | undergraduate student (College of Materials and Metallurgy)
January 2022-Present, Professor, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences
January 2018 -- December 2021,Associate Professor, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Jul. 2014-Dec. 2017, Assistant Researcher, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1. Xiaoqi Li, Fafa Wu, Yunpeng Yao, Wentao Wu, Chengmin Ji, Lina Li, Zhihua Sun, Junhua Luo,* and Xitao Liu,* Robust spin-dependent anisotropy of circularly polarized light detection from achiral layered hybrid perovskite ferroelectric crystals, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2022, 144 (31), 14031.
2. Xitao Liu,* Zhenyue Wu, Tong Guan, Haidong Jiang, Peiqing Long, Xiaoqi Li, Chengmin Ji, Shuang Chen,* Zhihua Sun, and Junhua Luo,* Giant room temperature electrocaloric effect in a layered hybrid perovskite ferroelectric: [(CH3)2CHCH2NH3]2PbCl4, Nat. Commun., 2021, 12(1), 5502.
3. Xitao Liu, Sasa Wang, Peiqing Long, Lina Li, Yu Peng, Zhiyun Xu, Shiguo Han, Zhihua Sun,* Maochun Hong, and Junhua Luo,* Polarization-driven self-powered photodetection in a single-phase biaxial hybrid perovskite ferroelectric, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2019, 58(41), 14504-14508.
4. Xitao Liu#, Faqiang Zhang#, Peiqing Long, Teng Lu, Huarong Zeng, Yun Liu, R.L. Withers, Yongxiang Li* and Zhiguo Yi,* Anomalous photovoltaic effect in centrosymmetric ferroelastic BiVO4, Adv. Mater., 2018, 30, 1801619.
5. Shiguo Han#, Xitao Liu#, Yi Liu, Zhiyun Xu, Yaobin Li, Maochun Hong, Junhua Luo, and Zhihua Sun,* High-temperature antiferroelectric of lead iodide hybrid perovskites, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2019, 141(32), 12470-12474.
6. Yunpeng Yao, Haidong Jiang, Yu Peng, Xinyuan Zhang, Shuang Chen,* Xitao Liu,* Junhua Luo*, High-Curie temperature multilayered hybrid double perovskite photoferroelectric induced by aromatic cation alloying, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2021, 143 (39), 15900.
7. Zhenyue Wu, Weichuan Zhang, Huang Ye, Yunpeng Yao, Xitao Liu,* Lina Li, Chengmin Ji, Junhua Luo*, Bromine-substitution-induced high-TC two-dimensional bilayered perovskite photoferroelectric, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2021, 143 (20), 7593.
8. Yunpeng Yao, Yu Peng, Lina Li, Xinyuan Zhang, Xitao Liu,* Maochun Hong, and Junhua Luo,* Exploring a fatigue-free layered hybrid perovskite ferroelectric for photovoltaic non-volatile memories, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2021, 60 (19), 10598.
9. Yu Peng, Xitao Liu,* Zhihua Sun, Chengmin Ji, Lina Li, Zhenyue Wu, Sasa Wang, Yunpeng Yao, Maochun Hong and Junhua Luo*, Exploiting bulk photovoltaic effect in a 2D trilayered hybrid ferroelectric for highly sensitive polarized light detection, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2020, 59(10), 3933.
10. Zhenyue Wu, Xitao Liu,* Chengmin Ji, Lina Li, Sasa Wang, Yu Peng, Kewen Tao, Zhihua Sun,* Maochun Hong and Junhua Luo,* Discovery of an above-room-temperature antiferroelectric in two-dimensional hybrid perovskite, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2019, 141(9), 3812-3816.
11. Huang Ye, Yu Peng, Xiaoying Shang, Lina Li, Yunpeng Yao, Xinyuan Zhang, Tingting Zhu, Xitao Liu,* Xueyuan Chen, Junhua Luo,* Self‐powered Visible-Infrared polarization photodetection driven by ferroelectric photovoltaic effect in a Dion–Jacobson hybrid perovskite, Adv. Funct. Mater., 2022, 32(24), 2200223.
12. Xitao Liu, Zhiyun Xu, Peiqing Long, Yunpeng Yao, Chengmin Ji, Lina Li, Zhihua Sun,* Maochun Hong and Junhua Luo,* A multiaxial layered halide double perovskite ferroelectric with multiple ferroic orders, Chem. Mater., 2020, 32 (20), 8965.
13. Kai Li, Huang Ye, Xiaoqi Li, Xinqiang Wang,* Junhua Luo* and Xitao Liu,* Rational design of organic-inorganic hybrid with Schiff based cation for efficient quadratic nonlinear optical switch, Inorg. Chem. Front., 2022, DOI: 10.1039/d2qi02149h.
Chemical design of Ferroic materials and ralated physics