Qingzhi (Kathy) Zhang
School of Public Policy and Management
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS)
C: (+86) 13810303640
Innovation and Entrepreneurship; Knowledge Management; Technology Transfer；Commercialization of Science; Technical Efficiency and Productivity
09/2008–06/2012 Ph.D. Major: Enterprise Administration School of Economics and Management, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
09/2006–07/2008 M.A. Major: Management Science and Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
09/1999 – 07/2003 BA. Major: Management Information System, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
11/2017 - Present Associate professor of school of Public and Management at UCAS
07/2017 - Present Researcher in China's Enterprise Growth and Economic Security Center, Management School, Tsinghua University
06/2014-11/2017 Assistant professor of school of Public and Management at UCAS
07/2012-06/2014 Post Doctor at Department of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Strategy, School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University
12/2010-12/2011 Visiting Scholar at Management School, Boston University
 Xingrong Li, Qingzhi Zhang, Jiasu Lei. Science-Based innovation: A research review and prospects[J]. Science Research Management. 2022.1.
 Yang, Zhaofu, Yongna Yuan, and Qingzhi Zhang. "Carbon Emission Trading Scheme, Carbon Emissions Reduction and Spatial Spillover Effects: Quasi-Experimental Evidence From China." Frontiers in Environmental Science, 2022: 684.
 Lei J, Zhang Q, Qi Y. Innovation-led development: the logic of China’s economic development[J]. Journal of Industrial Integration and Management, 2020, 5(01): 1-11.
 Zhang Qingzhi, Yang Yacheng, Zhao Tianyi, Lei Jiasu. Scientists Engagement, Knowledge Transfer and Continuous Innovation of Science-based Firm [J]. Studies in Science of Science. 2019.11.
 Lei J, Liu Y, Qi Y, et al. 40 Years of Technological Innovation in China: A Review of the Four-Stage Climbing Track[J]. Journal of Industrial Integration and Management, 2019, 4(03): 1950008.
 Zhang Qingzhi, Qi Yaoyuan, Lei Jiasu. Research on the Development and Evolution of Science-based Entrepreneurial Firm [J]. Science Research Management. 2019.9.
Yacheng Y, Hong C , Qingzhi Z , et al. The Commercialization of University and Research Institutes' Science-based Innovations-The four successful Chinese Cases [J]. Journal of Industrial Integration and Management, 2018,3(3).
 Chen, L., He, F., Zhang, Q., Jiang, W., & Wang, J. (2017). Two-stage efficiency evaluation of production and pollution control in Chinese iron and steel enterprises. Journal of Cleaner Production, 165.
 Qingzhi Zhang, Xu xiaoning. On Nobel Laureates' Involvement in Commercialization of Scientific Research. Journal of Nanjing Tech University. 2016, 3(15):104-110.
 Qingzhi Zhang, DUAN Yongqian, LEI Jiasu. Science-based innovation: The commercialization of Nobel prizes. [J], Studies in Science of Science, 2015, 33(12):1770-1778.
 Liyun ZHU, Feng He, Qingzhi Zhang. SBMDEA efficiency evaluation model considering unexpected output [J]. Statistics and Decision, 2015(11):56-58.
 X Xu, F He, R Chen, Q Zhang. Solving non-linear portfolio optimization problems with interval analysis[J]. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 2015, 66(6): 885-893.
 Qingzhi Zhang, Feng He, Jiasu Lei. Analysis of Chinese Iron and Steel Enterprises' Technical Efficiency and Technological Innovation under Circular Economy [J]. R&D Mangement, 2014, 26(6):1-8.
 Qingzhi Zhang, Feng He, Jiasu Lei. Research on resource consumption, innovation of science and technology and technology efficiency of iron and steel industry. Statistics and Decision, 2014(7):94-97.
 Feng He, Qingzhi Zhang*, Jiasu Lei. Energy efficiency and productivity change of China's iron and steel industry: Accounting for undesirable outputs [J]. Energy Policy,2013(54):204-213.
 Qingzhi Zhang, Feng He, Jiasu Lei. Study on China's Iron and Steel Enterprises Technical Efficiency Under Environmental Protection. Science of science and management of S.&T., 2013 (10):103-111.
 Qingzhi Zhang, Feng He, Jiasu Lei. Study of Chinese Iron and Steel Enterprises Energy-saving and Emission Reduction and Scale under the View of Technical Efficiency. Soft science, 2013(8):6-10.
Xu Xiaoning, Chen Rong, Zhang Qingzhi, He Feng. Interval quadratic programming for the portfolio selection with short sales allowed. Systems Engineering-Theory & Practice. 2013(10): 2533-2538.
 Qingzhi Zhang, Feng He, Xiao Zhao. Energy Efficiency Analysis of Chinese Iron and Steel Enterprises Based on Super Efficiency DEA. Soft Science, 2012(2):65-68.  Qingzhi Zhang, Feng He, Xiao Zhao．Study on the Relationship of Enterprise Efficiency and Energy Consumption, Agent Cost, Share Structure Base on SFA of Chinese Iron and Steel Enterprises. Chinese Journal of Management, 2011(7): 1086-1092.
 HE Feng，WEI Wen-yao，ZHANG Qing-zhi．The study on the carbon emission reduction in Chinese iron and steel industry with the viewpoint of reduction of energy consumption under circular economy．Chinese Journal of Management Science, 2010(11):591-595.
 Qingzhi Zhang, Feng He, Xiao Zhao. Study on the productive efficiency and energy, water consumption of Chinese iron and steel enterprises base on DEA. Soft Science, 2010(10),46-50.
2018：Academic annual meeting of science and technology management on both sides of the Taiwan Straits. 2018.11, Taibei, Taiwan.
2017: Chinese annual meeting on innovation enterprise and industry growth, 2017, Guilin, China.
2014: Academic annual meeting of science and technology management on both sides of the Taiwan Straits. 2015.11, Xinzhu, Taiwan.
2011: Qingzhi Zhang, Ashley J. Stevens. The Contribution of Public Sector Research outside the US to the Discovery of New Drugs and Vaccines. Triple Helix IX International Conference, 11th to 14th July, 2011 in Stanford University, CA, USA．
2010: ZHANG Qingzhi, HE Feng, ZHAO Xiao. Study on the Supply Chain Inventory under Electronic Commerce Base on System Dynamics. 2010 International Conference on E-Business and E-Government（ICEE2010）, May 7th to 9th, 2010 in Guangzhou, China. P4667-4670.
2009: Chinese Industrial Economic Association in Jinan University, “industrial transformation and development ”
2007: 18th Annual Conference: International Information Management Association (IIMA) in Beijing
Membership of Committees and Commissions
1. Deputy Secretary-General Special Committee on Innovative Management of the Chinese Society of Management Sciences, 2018- Present.
2. Committee Member of Technical Innovation and Entrepreneurship Branch of China Society of Technology and Economics. 2018- Present.
3. Committee Member of International Joint Conference on Information, Media and Engineering (ICIME2018).
4. Member of the International Association for Chinese Management Research (IACMR), in 2017- Present.
5. Member of Chinese Association for Science of Science and S&T Policy. 2016- Present.
6. Member of the Chinese Economists Society, 2017- Present.
2018: ZHANG Qingzhi, LEI Jiasu. Science-based innovation: The commercialization of Nobel prizes (in Chinese). Tsinghua University Press.
2015:《University Technology Transfer-The globalization of academic innovation》chapter 6：The Commercialization of New Drugs and Vaccines Discovered in Public Sector Research,10 Sep.2015, London, United Kingdom.
1. Science-based innovation: Research on industry identification, innovation model and academic entrepreneurship. National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) Youth Fund, NO.71602183, 2017.1-2019.12，Project Principal.
2. Study on the role of "academic entrepreneurs" in the transformation of scientific and technological achievements. Source of Fund: Institute of Policy and Management (IPM) of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), NO.Y552026Y00，2016.12-2018.12，Project Principal.
3. Research on the demand of scientific and technological human resources under the innovation driven strategy. Source of Fund: China Science and Technology Association. 2016.6-2017.12，Project Principal.
4. The evolution of enterprises based on Science in the process of innovation. Principal fund of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Y552026Y00，2015.12-2017.12，Project Principal.
5. Science-based innovation: The commercialization of Nobel prizes. China postdoctoral Science Foundation. NO.2013M540109, 2012.12-2014.12, Project Principal.
6. Research on the problem of intellectual property of public sector Under the strategy of innovation driven development. Key projects of the National Social Science Fund (NSSF), NO.17ZDA139，2017.11-2022.11，Main Participator.
7. Research on technology catching up of science based industry based on independent innovation. Key projects of the National Social Science Fund (NSSF), NO. 12AZD061，2014.11-2017.11，Main Participator.
8. Research on the technical efficiency evaluation and promotion of high energy consumption manufacturing enterprises under the dual constraints of reduction and low carbon. National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), No. 71272160, 2013.1-2016.12，Main Participator.
9. Research on the improvement of Chinese enterprises' technological efficiency and their intra industry spillover effects. National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), No. 70802007, 2009.1-2011.12，Main Participator.
10. Research on the upgrading of Beijing's enterprises' technical efficiency under circular economy. Natural Science Foundation of Beijing, No.9092008,2009.1-2011.12，Main Participator.