Yanlian Yang, Professor
Address: No. 11, Beiyitiao, Zhongguancun, Beijing
2. Development of new nano-characterization methods based on scanning probe microscopy
3. Structure, modulation and the molecular mechanism of peptide assembly related to degeneration diseases
She received B.S. and M.S. degrees in Chemistry from Shandong University in 1996 and 1999, respectively.
In 2002, she obtained PhD degree in Physical Chemistry from Peking University,
She worked as a postdoctoral researcher in
Peking University from 2002 to 2004.
Since 2004, she joined National
Center for Nanoscience and Technology (NCNST) as a Associate Professor.
She was a visiting scholar at the Center for Biomedical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology from 2007 to 2008. Since 2010, she has been a Full Professor in NCNST.
Honors & Distinctions
She has been involved in several state key program as PI. As the core member of "TumorFisher" team, the peptide based nanotechnology for circulating tumor cell detection has been awarded several first level prizes in the innovation competitions.
1. Niu, Lin1; Liu, Lei1; Xi, Wenhui1; (Equal contribution) Li, Qiang; Han, Qiusen; Yu, Yue; Huang, Qunxing; Qu, Fuyang; Xu, Meng; Li, Yibao; Du, Huiwen; Yang, Rong; Cramer, Jacob; Gothelf, Kurt; Dong, Mingdong; Besenbacher, Flemming; Zeng, Qingdao; Wang, Chen*; Wei, Guanghong*; Yang, Yanlian*, “Synergistic inhibitory effect of Peptide-Organic Co-assemblies on Amyloid Aggregation”, ACS Nano, 2016, 10 (4), pp 4143–4153.
2. Lei Liu†, Lin Niu†, (Equal contribution) Meng Xu, Qiusen Han, Hongyang Duan, Mingdong Dong, Flemming Besenbacher, Chen Wang*, Yanlian Yang*, “Molecular tethering effect of C-terminus of amyloid peptide Aβ42”, ACS Nano, 2014, 8(9), 9503-9510.
3. Paula Lopes, Meng Xu, Min Zhang, Ting Zhou, Yanlian Yang,* Chen Wang and Elena E. Ferapontova* “Direct electrochemical and AFM detection of amyloid-beta peptide aggregation on basal plane HOPG”, Nanoscale, 2014, 6, 7853.
4. Lin Niu, Lei Liu, Meng Xu, Jacob Cramer, Kurt V. Gothelf, Mingdong Dong, Flemming Besenbacher, Qingdao Zeng, Yanlian Yang* and Chen Wang*, “Transformation of b-sheet structures of the amyloid peptide induced by molecular modulators” Chem. Commun. 2014, 50 (64), 8923 – 8926.
5. Linling Bai, Yimeng Du, Jiaxi Peng, Yi Liu, Yanmei Wang, Yanlian Yang* and Chen Wang*, “Peptide-based isolation of circulating tumor cells by magnetic nanoparticles”, J. Mater. Chem. B, 2014, 2, 4080-4088.
6. Shelley A. Claridge, Jeffrey J. Schwartz, Miles A. Silverman, John C. Thomas, Yanlian Yang,* Chen Wang,* and Paul S. Weiss*, “Differentiating Amino Acid Residues and Side Chain Orientations in Peptides Using Scanning Tunneling Microscopy” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013,135(49), 18528–18535.
7. Yanlian Yang, Chen Wang*, “Single Molecule Studies on Individual Peptides and Peptide Assemblies on Surfaces”, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A, 2013, 371, 20120311. Invited Review.
8. Ting Zhou,# Axel Llizo,# (Equal Contribution), Chen Wang, Guiying Xu*, Yanlian Yang*, “Nanostructure-induced DNA Condensation”, Nanoscale, 2013, 5, 8288–8306. Invited Review
9. Min Zhang, Xiaobo Mao, Yue Yu, Chenxuan Wang, Yanlian Yang,* Chen Wang* “Nanomaterials for reducing amyloid cytotoxicity”, Adv. Mater., 2013, 25(28), 3780–3801. Invited Review.
10. Xiaobo Mao‡, Yuanyuan Guo‡, Yin Luo‡, (Equal contribution) Lin Niu, Lei Liu, Xiaojing Ma, Huibin Wang, Yanlian Yang*, Guanghong Wei*, Chen Wang*, “Sequence Effects on Peptide Assembly Characteristics Observed by Using Scanning Tunneling Microscopy” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135 (6), 2181–2187.
11. Min Zhang1, Xiaobo Mao1, (Equal contribution) Chenxuan Wang, Wenfeng Zeng, Chunling Zhang, Zhongjun Li, Ying Fang, Yanlian Yang,* Wei Liang*, Chen Wang*, “The Effect of Graphene oxide on Conformation Change, Aggregation and Cytotoxicity of HIV-1 Regulatory Protein (Vpr)”, Biomaterials, 2013, 34(4), 1383-1390.
12. Chenxuan Wang, Aihua Yang, Xia Li, Denghua Li, Min Zhang, Huiwen Du, Chao Li, Yuanyuan Guo, Xiaobo Mao, Mingdong Dong, Flemming Besenbacher, Yanlian Yang*, Chen Wang* “Observation of molecular inhibition and binding structures of amyloid peptides” Nanoscale, 2012, 4(6), 1895-1909, Invited review.
13. Xiaobo Mao, Chenxuan Wang, Xingkui Wu, Xiaojing Ma, Lei Liu, Lan Zhang, Lin Niu, Yuanyuan Guo, Denghua Li, Yanlian Yang*, Chen Wang*, “Beta structure motifs of islet amyloid polypeptides identified through surface-mediated assemblies” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 2011, 108(49), 19605-19610.
14. Chenxuan Wang,# Xiaobo Mao,# (Co-first authors) Aihua Yang, Lin Niu, Shengnan Wang, Denghua Li, Yuanyuan Guo, Yibing Wang, Yanlian Yang* and Chen Wang* “Determination of relative binding affinities of labeling molecules with amino acids by using scanning tunneling microscopy”, Chem. Commun., 2011, 47(38), 10638–10640.
15. Lei Liu#, Lan Zhang# (Co-first authors), Lin Niu, Meng Xu, Xiaobo Mao, Yanlian Yang*, Chen Wang*, “Observation of Reduced Cytotoxicity of Aggregated Amyloidogenic Peptides with Chaperone-like Molecules” ACS Nano, 2011, 5(7), 6001-6007.
16. Xiaobo Mao, Chenxuan Wang, Xiaojing Ma, Min Zhang, Lei Liu, Lan Zhang, Lin Niu, Qingdao Zeng, Yanlian Yang*, Chen Wang* “Molecular level studies on binding modes of labeling molecules with polyalanine peptides” Nanoscale, 2011, 3(4), 1592-1599.
17. Lei Liu, Lan Zhang, Xiaobo Mao, Lin Niu, Yanlian Yang,* and Chen Wang* “Chaperon-Mediated Single Molecular Approach Toward Modulating Ab Peptide Aggregation” Nano Lett., 2009, 9(12), 4066-4072.
18. Yanlian Yang, Chen Wang*, “Hierarchical construction of self-assembled low-dimensional molecular architectures observed by using scanning tunneling microscopy” Chem. Soc. Rev., 2009, 38(9), 2576-2589. Invited review.
19. Xiaojing Ma, Lei Liu (Equal contribution), Xiaobo Mao, Lin Niu, Ke Deng, Weihui Wu, Yanmei Li, Yanlian Yang*, Chen Wang*, “Amyloid-β (1-42) Folding Multiplicity and Single-Molecule Binding Behavior Studied with STM” J. Mol. Biol. 2009, 388(4), 894–901.
20. Yanlian Yang, Ulung Khoe, Xiumei Wang, Akihiro Horii, Hidenori Yokoi and Shuguang Zhang “Designer Self-assembling Peptide Nanomaterials”, Nano Today, 2009, 4(2), 193-210. Invited review.
21. Yanlian Yang, Chen Wang* “Solvent effects on two-dimensional molecular self-assemblies investigated by using scanning tunneling microscopy” Curr. Opin. Colloid and Interf. Sci., 2009, 14(2), 135–147. Invited review.
22. Yanlian Yang, Qilin Chan, Xiaojing Ma, Yongtao Shen, Ke Deng, Xizeng Feng*, Chen Wang*, “Electrical Conformational Bistability of Dimesogen Molecules with a Molecular Chord Structure”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2006, 45(41), 6889-6893.
LI Denghua (李灯华）PhD，070304-Physical Chemistry
BAI Linling (白林灵) PhD，070304-Physical Chemistry
ZHANG Min (张敏) PhD，070304-Physical Chemistry
DUAN Hongyang (段鸿洋) PhD，070304-Physical Chemistry
Maryam Yousaf, PhD, 070304-Physical Chemistry
HUANG Qunxing (黄群星) PhD, 070304-Physical Chemistry
HUANG Huang (黄欢) PhD, 070304-Physical Chemistry
LIU Changliang (刘长亮) Master, 080502-Materials
LI Wenzhe (李文哲) PhD, 070304-Physical Chemistry
GAO Houqian (高厚乾), Master, 080502-Materials