Dr. Shuming Wang is an Associate Professor (Tenured) of Management Science at the School of Economics and Management, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS). He received PhD from Waseda University, Japan, in 2011, and joined UCAS in 2016. He also worked at China Galaxy Securities Co., Ltd. and National University of Singapore during 2011-2015.
His research interests include robust optimization, stochastic programming, and data-driven analytics, with applications in location science and transportation, supply chain management, financial risk management, and healthcare operations. He has published more than 30 papers including those in Production and Operations Management, INFORMS Journal on Computing, Transportation Science, Naval Research Logistics, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, IISE Transactions. He serves as an Area Editor in Computers & Operations Research (CAOR) and an Associate Editor of Journal of System Sciences and Complexity (JSSC).
Operations Research (Graduate CORE module)
Stochastic Modeling (Graduate CORE module)
Decision and Optimization under Uncertainty (Graduate Elective module)
- T.Q. Liu, F. Saldanha-da-Gama, S. Wang*, Y.C. Mao, Robust stochastic facility location, INFORMS Journal on Computing, to appear, 2022.
- J. Xiong, S. Wang*, T.-S. Ng, Robust bilevel resource recovery planning, Production and Operations Management, vol.30, no.9, 2962-2992, 2021.
- C. Zheng, S. Wang*, N. Li, Y. Wu, Stochastic joint homecare service and capacity planning with nested decomposition approaches, European Journal of Operational Research, vol.295, no.1, 203-222, 2021.
- S. Wang, Z. Chen, T.-Q. Liu, Distributionally robust hub location, Transportation Science, vol.54, no.5, 1189-1210, 2020.
- S. Wang, Y.-F. Li, T. Jia, Distributionally robust design for redundancy allocation, INFORMS Journal on Computing, vol.32, no.3, 620-640, 2020.
- S. Wang, T.-S. Ng, Robustness of resource recovery systems under feedstock uncertainty, Production and Operations Management, vol.28, no.3, pp.497-758, 2019.
- S. Wang, Y.-F. Li, Y.K. Wang, Hybrid uncertainty model for multi-state systems and linear programming based approximations for reliability assessment, IISE Transactions, vol.50, no.12, pp.1058-1075, 2018.
- S. Wang, W. Pedrycz, Data-driven adaptive probabilistic robust optimization using information granulation, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, vol.48, no.2, pp.450-462, 2018.
- S. Wang, T.-S. Ng, M. Wong, Expansion planning for Waste-to-Energy systems using waste forecast prediction sets, Naval Research Logistics, vol.63, no.1, pp.47-70, 2016.
Data-driven Distributionally Robust Inventory Optimization (NSFC-General, No.72171221) :: PI :: 500,000 RMB (Jan 2022- Dec. 2025)
Modeling and Optimization for Decision Making under Complex Uncertainty (NSFC-Excellent Young Scholars, No.71922020) :: PI :: 1,200,000 RMB (Jan 2020- Dec. 2022)
Data-Driven Distributional Robust Optimization Approach for WtE Systems Planning (NSFC-Young Scholars, No.71601177) :: PI :: 210,000 RMB (Jan 2017- Dec. 2019)