Dr. Changhe Lu (C.H.Lu), Professor
MAIL ADDRESS: 11 A, Datun Road, Beijing 100101, P.R. China
PHONE: + 86 10 6488 9110; Mobile: 13699290303
FAX: + 86 10 6488 9110
Crop production systems
Land use changes
Soil erosion assessment
Assessment of climate change impacts
2000: Ph.D. (agricultural science), Wageningen University, the Netherlands, obtained with the thesis of Breaking the spiral of unattainability - A explorative land use study for Ansai, the Loess Plateau of China, mainly completed at the Department of Plant Sciences during July 1998 to June 2000.
1989: Postgraduate diploma, International Institute for Aerospace Survey and Earth Sciences (ITC), the Netherlands, obtained by one year study on soil survey using aerospace imageries during Oct 1988 to Nov 1989.
1985: M.Sc., Peking University, Beijing, China, obtained by course study of physical geography and with the thesis of Soil erosion survey and mapping for the Yanhe-Boqinghe Catchment in southern Shanxi Province of China at the Department of Geography during Sep 1983 to Dec 1985.
1983: B.Sc., Shandong Normal University, Jinan, China, obtained by four years study of basic courses in geography at the Department of Geography during Dec 1979 to July 1983.
He jointed the Institute of Geography (Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research after 2000), Chinese Academy of Sciences in Dec 1985. Since then, he has been working at the institute except some short periods studying in abroad. His research involves the area of land resource management, land use change, crop production systems, and climate change impacts. He has substantial experience in applying GIS, crop simulation models, and modelling technology to analyze regional land use and agricultural problems. He is knowledgeable on the environment, land use, and agricultural development in dryland regions of China, particularly the Loess Plateau, the North China Plain and the Tibetan Plateau.
July 2000 to Present: Professor at IGSNRR-CAS, Beijing. Mainly worked on land use change, climate change impacts assessment, land productivity/population carrying capacity, and soil erosion risk assessment in western China.
July 1998 to June 2000: Worked at the Department of Plant Sciences, Wageningen University, the Netherlands for doing his Ph.D. research project entitled ‘Exploratory land use study in the Loess Plateau, Northern China’.
April 1994 to June 1998: Associate professor at the former Institute of Geography (IOG, now IGSNRR), CAS. Mainly worked on assessment of fragile ecosystems and rehabilitation of degraded land in Western China.
October 1993 to March 1994: Visiting scholar at the Department of Theoretical Production Ecology in Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
December 1989 - September 1993: Assistant professor at IOG-CAS, Beijing. Mainly worked on land resource survey and land evaluation in the Tibet Plateau
October 1988 - November 1989: Postgraduate study on soil survey using aerospace imageries at ITC, the Netherlands.
January 1986 - September 1988: At IOG-CAS, Beijing, as a research assistant, mainly worked on land resource survey and land evaluation in the Tibet Plateau.
He has been involved in two lectures for graduate students at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, i.e., Modern Physical Geography and Ecosystem Modelling since 2002.
- Yang Kaijie, Lu Changhe*, 2018. Evaluation of land‐use change effects on runoff and soil erosion of a hilly basin — the Yanhe River in the Chinese Loess Plateau, Land Degradation & Development, 29(4)：1211-1221.
- Wang Ziwei, Lu Changhe*, 2018. Urban land expansion and its driving factors of mountain cities in China during 1990–2015, J. Geogr. Sci. 28(8): 1152-1166.
- Zhao Chen, Jing Wang, Nanrong Deng, Changhe Lv⁎, Qi Wang, Haibin Yu, Wangjun Lie, 2018. Modeling the effects of farming management practices on soil organic carbon stock at a county-regional scale, Catena, 160:76-89.
- Chen Yuanyuan, Lu Changhe*, 2018. A Comparative Analysis on Food Security in Bangladesh, India and Myanmar, Sustainability, 10（2）：405.
- Yang Fengbo, Lu Changhe*. 2016. Assessing changes in wind erosion climatic erosivity in China’s dryland region during 1961–2012, J. Geogr. Sci., 26（9）：1263-1276.
- Fengbo Yang, Changhe Lu*. 2015. Spatiotemporal variation and trends in rainfall erosivity in China's dryland region during 1961-2012. Catena 133(2015): 362-372.
Xinyang Yu, Changhe Lu*. 2015. Alpine glacier change in the Eastern Altun Mountains of Northwest China during 1972-2010. PLOS ONE 10(2): e0117262. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0117262
- Wangjun Li, Changhe Lu*. 2015. Aridity trend and response to vegetation restoration in the loess hilly region of northern Shaanxi Province. J. Geogr. Sci. 25(3): 289-300.
- Hou Lingling, Hoag Dana, Heske Catherine M.H., Lu Changhe, 2014. Sustainable value of degraded soils in China’s Loess Plateau: An updated approach. Ecological Economics 97: 20-27.
- Lu Changhe, Fan Lan, 2013. Winter wheat yield potentials and yield gaps in the North China Plain. Field Crops Research 143(2013): 98-105.
- Fan Lan, Lu Changhe*, Yang Biao, Chen Chao, 2012. Long-term trends of precipitation in the North China Plain. J. Geogr. Sci. 2012, 22(6): 989-1001.
- Du Xile, Lu Changhe*, Wang Hairong, Ma Jianhua, 2012. Trends of urban air pollution in Zhengzhou City during 1996–2008. Chin. Geogra. Sci., 22(4), 402–413.
- Chen Zhao, Lu Changhe*, Fan Land, 2012. Farmland changes and the driving forces in Yucheng, the North China Plain. J. Geogr. Sci. 2012, 22(3): 563-573.
- Wang Tao, Lu Changhe*, Yu Bohua, 2011. Production potentials and yield gaps of summer maize in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region. J. Geogr. Sci. 2011, 21(4): 677-688.
- Lu Changhe, Wang Qian, Ma Junfei, 2011. Effects of ecological building and farmer’s responses in the hilly Loess Plateau. Journal of Arid Land Resources and Environment 2011，25（10）：28-31. (in Chinese)
- Fan Lan, Lu Changhe, Chen Zhao, 2011. A review on crop yield gaps and the causes. Journal of Natural Resources 26 (12): 2155-2166. (in Chinese)
- Lu Changhe, Wangtao, 2010. Narrowing yield gaps to increase the land carrying capacity in Northern China. Proceedings of Agro2010, the 11th ESA Congress, 333-334, Montpellier, France.
- Wang Tao, Lu Changhe, Yu Bohua, 2010. Assessing the potential productivity of winter wheat using WOFOST in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region, Journal of Natural Resources 25(3)：475-487. (in Chinese)
- Chen Zhao, Lu Changhe, 2010. An analysis on the variation of farmland quality using an integrated index approach in Hubei Province, Journal of Natural Resources 25(12)：2018-2029. (in Chinese)
- Zhu Huiyi, Lu Changhe, 2010. Farmland change in Yan’an: the impact and acting mechanism of policies. Geographical Research 29(8): 1500-1518. (in Chinese)
- Ran Shenghong, Lu Changhe, Wang Qian, 2010. Impacts of ecological cropland conversion on land use and ecosystem service functions in Ansai County. China Population, Resources and Environment 20(3): 111-116 (in Chinese)
- Wang Qian, Lu Changhe, Yu Bohua, Ma Junfei, 2009. The SLCP-driven land use changes and farmer’s responses in the Loess Hilly and Gully Region – A case study for Ansai County. Ecological Economy 5(4), 375-381.
- Ma Junfei, Lu Changhe, Yu Bohua, 2009. Impacts of sloping land conversion program on the vegetation in Loess Hilly and Gully Area of Northern Shaanxi. Ecological Economy 5(2), 160-167.
- Yu Bohua, Lu Changhe, Lu Tingting, Yang Aqiang, Liu Chuang, 2009. Regional differentiation of vegetation change in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. Progress in Geography 28(3): 391-397. (in Chinese)
- Tang Juhua, Lu Changhe, Yang Xuchao, 2009. Analysis of driving forces of urban land expansion in Suzhou-Wuxi-Changzhou Region. Resources Science 31(5) : 801-806. (in Chinese)
- Minghong Tan, Xiubin Li, Changhe Lu, Wei Luo, Xiangbin Kong, Suhua Ma, 2008. Urban population densities and their policy implications in China. Habitat International 32(2008): 471-484.
- Yu Bohua, Lu Changhe, 2008. Assessment of sustainable use of agricultural land resources based on DPSIR Framework. Transactions of the CSAE 24(9): 53-58. (in Chinese)
- Lu Changhe, Xiubin Li, Minghong Tan, 2007, China's farmland use: A scenario analysis of changes and trends. In: Max Spoor, Nico Heerink, and Futian Qu (Eds), Dragons with Clay Feet? Transition, Sustainable Rural Resource Use, and Rural Environment in China and Vietnam. Rowman & Littlefield, Lexington Books, Lanham and Boston, USA. pp.309-326.
- Wang Xiuhong, Lu Changhe, Fang Jinfu, Shen Yuancun, 2007. Implications for development of grain-for-green policy based on cropland suitability evaluation in desertification-affected north China. Land Use Policy 24: 417-434.
- Lu Changhe, Jia Kejing, Ran Shenghong, Qi Yonghua, 2007. Indicators for assessing the ecological and environmental effects of integrated land use planning. Geographical Research 26(2): 249-257. (in Chinese)
- Lu Changhe, Cheng Liang, 2007. Land use change and its effects on ecosystems services – A case study for Ansai. Arid Zone Research 24(3): 302-306. (in Chinese)
- Lu Changhe, Ran Shenghong, 2006. Issues of land degradation and rehabilitation in Western China. China Population, Resources and Environment 16(3): 22-25. (in Chinese)
- Yu Bohua, Lu Changhe, Zheng Xinqi, 2006. A spatiotemporal analysis of urban growth: A case study for Jinan Municipality. China. Chinese Journal of Population, Resources and Environment 4 (4): 48-53.
- Yu Bohua, Lu Changhe, 2006. Changes of cultivated land and its implications on China’s food security. Chin. Geogra. Sci. 16(4), 299-305.
- Wu Dingrong, Yu Qiang, Lu Changhe, Hengsdijk Huib, 2006. Quantifying production potentials of winter wheat in the North China Plain. European J. of Agronomy 24, 226-235.
- Tan Minghong, Li Xiubin, Xie Hui, Lu Changhe, 2005. Urban land expansion and arable land loss in China – A case study of Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region. Land Use Policy 22(3): 187-196.
- Tan Minghong, Li Xiubin, Lu Changhe, 2005. Urban land expansion and arable land loss of the major cities in the 1990s. Sciences in China Ser. D Earth Sciences 48 (9): 1492-1500.
- Lu C.H., M.K. van Ittersum, R. Rabbinge, 2004. An exploration of strategic land use options for the Loess Plateau in northern China. Agricultural Systems 79: 145-170.
- Lu C.H., M.K. van Ittersum, 2004. A trade-off analysis of policy objectives for Ansai, the Loess Plateau of China. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 102: 235-246.
- Zhu Huiyi, Lu Changhe, Li Xiubin, 2004. Land use studies in China. J. Geogr. Sci. 14, Supplement (2004): 69-73.
- Lu C.H., Van Ittersum M.K., Rabbinge R., 2003. Quantitative assessment of resource-use efficient cropping systems: a case study for Ansai in the Loess Plateau of China. European J. of Agronomy 19: 311 – 326.
Land use changes and the environment impacts
Crop porduction analysis
Soil erosion assessement
王茜 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
唐菊华 硕士研究生 070501-自然地理学
马俊飞 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
王涛 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
杜习乐 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
范兰 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
陈朝 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
李旺君 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
杨逢渤 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
徐知渊 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
于新洋 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
张为 硕士研究生 077601-环境科学
杨凯杰 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
李鹏辉 硕士研究生 070501-自然地理学
王自威 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
陈源源 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
张泽民 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
刘亚群 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学
魏慧 博士研究生 070501-自然地理学