- High-resolution structure imaging of lithosphere with broadband seismic methods, including receiver function, shear wave splitting, finite-frequency body wave and surface wave tomography
- Imaging method with broadband seismic data, including joint inversion of surface waves, body waves and receiver functions, multiple seismic parameter imaging (seismic velocity, anisotropy and attenuation)
- Geodynamics of stability and modification of cratons, mainly implied from the shape and internal structure of continental lithosphere
- Statistical Seimology, hazard assessment through statistical modeling based on physical mechanism of earthquake occurrence.
- 09/2002 – 01/2009 Ph.D., School of Space and Earth Sciences, Peking University
- 09/2007 – 03/2008 Visiting Student, Department of Geological Sciences, University of Missouri - Columbia
- 09/1998 – 07/2002 B.S., School of Space and Earth Sciences, Peking University
- 01/2013 – Associate Professor, Institute of Geophysics and Geology, CAS
- 01/2009 – 01/2013 Postdoctoral, Institute of Geophysics and Geology, CAS
- Jiang, M.M., Y.S. Ai, L. Chen, Y.J. Yang, 2013, Local modification of the lithosphere beneath the central and western North China Craton: 3-D constraints from Rayleigh wave tomography, Gondwana Research, doi:10.1016/j.gr. 2012.06.018.
- Jiang, M.M., S.Y. Zhou, Y.J. Chen, Y.S. Ai, 2011, A new multi- dimensional stress release statistical model based on coseismic stress transfer, Geophysical Journal International, 187, 1479 – 1494.
- Jiang, M.M., S.Y. Zhou, E. Sandvol, X.F. Chen, X.F. Liang, Y.J. Chen, W.Y. Fan, 2011, 3-D lithospheric structure beneath southern Tibet from Rayleigh-wave tomography with a 2-D seismic array, Geophysical Journal International, 185, 593 – 608.
- Jiang, M.M., Y.S., Ai, 2010, Moonquakes and lunar interior, Geochimica, 39(1), 15 – 24 (in Chinese).
- Jiang, M.M., S.Y. Zhou, X.P., Tong, X.F., Liang, Y.J., Chen, 2009, Accurate depth determination of deep earthquakes in southern Tibet and its implications, Chinese Journal of Geophysics, 52(9), 2237 – 2244 (in Chinese).
- Cheng, C., L. Chen, H.J. Yao, M.M. Jiang, B.Y. Wang, 2013, Distinct variations of crustal shear wave velocity structure and radial anisotropy beneath the North China Craton and tectonic implications, Gondwana Research, 23, 25 – 38, doi: 10.1016/j.gr.2012.02.014.
- Yue, H., Y.J. Chen, E. Sandvol, J. Ni, T. Hearn, S.Y. Zhou, Y.G. Feng, Z.X. Ge, A. Trujillo, Y.B. Wang, G. Jin, M.M. Jiang, Y.C. Tang, X.F., Liang, S.Q. Wei, H.Y. Wang, W.Y. Fan, Z. Liu, 2012, Lithospheric and upper mantle structure of the northeastern Tibetan Plateau, Journal of Geophysical Research, 117, B05307, doi: 10.1029/2011JB008545.
- Fu, Y.Y.V., Y.J. Chen, A.B. Li, S.Y. Zhou, X.F. Liang, G.Y. Ye, G. Jin, M.M. Jiang, J.Y. Ning, 2008, Indian mantle corner flow at southern Tibet revealed by shear wave splitting measurements, Geophysical Research Letter, 35, L02308, doi: 10.1029/2007GL031753.
- Zhou, S.Y., M.M. Jiang, R. Robinson, 2006, The role of fault interactions in the generation of the 1997 Jiashi strong earthquake swarm, Xinjiang, China, Chinese J. Geophys., 49(4), 1102–110 (in Chinese).