Associate Prof. Dr.
Key Laboratory of Tropical Forest Ecology, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Menglun Town, Mengla, Yunnan 666303, China
(1) Seasonal growth patterns of tropical tree and the eco-physiological mechanism;
(2) Intra-annual and inter-annual tree ring stable isotopes in tropical regions;
(3) Water relations and plant functional traits of tropical karst forest plants;
09/2006-01/2012 PhD. In Ecology, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Kun-Fang Cao.
09/2002-07/2006 B.S. in Biology, College of Life Science, Northwest A & F University, Shanxi province, China.
01/2019-06/2019 Tree Ring Lab in Institute of Geography (PI: Achim Braeuning), University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany. (Scientific visiting).
01/2017-present Associate professor, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, CAS.
10/2013-12/2013 Tree Ring Lab in Institute of Geography (PI: Achim Braeuning), University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany. (Scientific visiting).
07/2012-12/2016 Assistant professor, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, CAS.
- Fu PL*, Zhu SD, Zhang JL, Finnegan PM, Jiang YJ, Lin H, Fan ZX, Cao KF. 2019. The contrasting leaf functional traits between a karst forest and a nearby non-karst forest in south-west China. Functional Plant Biology. 46: 907-915.
- Fu PL, Grießinger J, Gebrekirstos A, Fan ZX *, Bräuning A*. 2017. Earlywood and latewood stable carbon and oxygen isotope variations in two pine species in southwestern China during the recent decades. Frontiers in Plant Science. 7:2050.
- Fu PL, Liu WJ, Fan ZX, Cao KF*. 2016. Is fog an important water source for woody plants in an Asian tropical karst dry forest during dry season. Ecohydrology9: 964-972.
- Fu PL, Jiang YJ, Wang AY, Brodribb TJ, Zhang JL, Zhu SD, Cao KF*. 2012. Stem hydraulic traits and leaf water-stress tolerance are coordinated with the leaf phenology of angiosperm trees in an Asian tropical dry karst forest. Annals of Botany. 110: 189-199.
- Zhao WL#, Fu PL#, Liu GL, Zhao P*. 2020. Difference between emergent aquatic and terrestrial monocotyledonous herbs in relation to the coordination of leaf stomata with vein traits. AoB PLANTS. plaa047, doi：10.1093/aobpla/plaa047. (共同第一作者)
- Qi JH, Fan ZX, Fu PL, Zhang YJ, and Sterck F. 2021. Differential determinants of growth rates in subtropical evergreen and deciduous juvenile trees: carbon gain, hydraulics and nutrient-use efficiencies. Tree Physiology 41: 12-23.
- Yu-Mei Yan，Ze-Xin Fan*, Pei-Li Fu, Hui Chen, Lu-Xiang Lin. 2021. Size dependent associations between tree diameter growth rates and functional traits in an Asian tropical seasonal rainforest. Functional Plant Biology. 48: 231-240. (IF 3.101, Q2)
- Feng-Sen Tan, Song Hui-Qing, Pei-Li Fu, Ya-Jun Chen, Zafar Siddiq, Kun-Fang Cao, Shi-Dan Zhu* .2020. Hydraulic safety margins of co-occurring woody plants in a tropical karst forest experiencing frequent extreme droughts. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 292-293, 108107.(IF = 5.734, Top 10%)
- Rakthai, S., P.-L. Fu, Z.-X. Fan, N. P. Gaire, N. Pumijumnong, W. Eiadthong & S. Tangmitcharoen. (2020). Increased Drought Sensitivity Results in a Declining Tree Growth of Pinus latteri in Northeastern Thailand. Forests, 11, 361
- Fan, Ze-Xin, Bräuning Achim, Fu Pei-Li, Yang Rao-Qiong, Qi Jin-Hua, Grießinger, Jussi, Gebrekirstos Aster (2019). "Intra-Annual Radial Growth of Pinus kesiya var. langbianensis Is Mainly Controlled by Moisture Availability in the Ailao Mountains, Southwestern China." Forests 10(10): 899.
- Yi Wu, Liang Song , Wenyao Liu, Wenjie Liu, Su Li, Peili Fu, Youxin Shen, Junen Wu, Pingyuan Wang , Quan Chen and Huazheng Lu. 2018. Fog Water Is Important in Maintaining theWater Budgets of Vascular Epiphytes in an Asian TropicalKarst Forests during the Dry Season. Forests. 2018, 9 (5), 260; doi:10.3390/f9050260
- Zhu SD, Chen YJ, Ye Q, He PC, Liu H, Li RH, Fu PL, Jiang GF, Cao KF. 2018. Leaf turgor loss point is correlated with drought tolerance and leaf carbon economics traits. Tree Physiology. 38(5): 658-63
- Shi-Dan Zhu*, Ya-Jun Chen, Pei-Li Fu and Kun-Fang Cao*. 2017. Different hydraulic traits of woody plants from tropical forests with contrasting soil water availability. Tree Physiology. doi:10.1093/treephys/tpx094.
- Ze-Xin Fan*, Frank Sterck, Shi-Bao Zhang, Pei-Li Fu and Guang-You Hao. 2017. Tradeoff between Stem Hydraulic Efficiency and Mechanical Strength Affects Leaf–Stem Allometry in 28 Ficus Tree Species. Frontiers in Plant Science 8:1619
- Lin Hua*, Chen Ya-Jun., Zhang Hou-Lei, Fu Pei-Li and Fan Ze-Xin. 2017. Stronger cooling effects of transpiration and leaf physical traits of the plants from a hot dry habitat than from a hot wet habitat. Functional Ecology. DOI: 10.1111/1365-2435.12923
- Hua Lin*, Ya-Jun Chen, Qing-Hai Song, Pei-Li Fu, et al. 2017 Quantifying deforestation and forest degradation with thermal response. Science of the Total Environment. 607-608: 1286-1292
- Wan-Li Zhao, Zafar Siddiq, Pei-Li Fu, Jiao-Lin Zhang and Kun-Fang Cao*. 2017. Stable stomatal number per minor vein length indicates the coordination between leaf water supply and demand in three leguminous species Scientific Reports 7: 2211 Doi:10.1038/s41598-017-02448-y
- Wei H., Pei-Li Fu, Jiang Y-J., Zhang J-L, Zhang S-B, Hu H*, Cao K-F*. (2013). Differences in the responses of photosystem I and photosystem II of three tree species Cleistanthus sumatranus, Celtis philippensis and Pistacia weinmannifolia exposed to a prolonged drought in a tropical limestone forest. Tree Physiology. 33 (2): 211-220. 2013. (Q1,IF = 3.587)
- Kunfang Cao*, Peili Fu, Yajun Chen, Yanjuan Jiang, Shidan Zhu. 2014. Implications of the Ecophysiological Adaptation of Plants on Tropical Karst Habitats for the Ecological Restoration of Desertified Rocky Lands in Southern China. SCIENTIA SINICA Vitae. 44: 238-247 (In Chinese with English abstract).
- Jin-Yu Liu, Pei-Li Fu, Yu-Jie Wang, Kun-Fang Cao*. 2012. Different Drought-adaptation Strategies as Characterized by Hydraulic and Water-relations Traits of Evergreen and Deciduous Figs in a Tropical Karst Forest. Plant Science Journal. 30(5): 484-493. (In Chinese with English abstract)
- Xiaolian Wei, master student
- Limin Chen, master student
- Yanan Liu, master student
- Wisawakorn Surayothee, master student, Thailand
- Jambay Dema, master student, Buthan
- Sai Tun Tun Oo, master student, Myanmar
- Niu Ying (Master student)
- Arisa Kaewmano, PhD student, Thailand