- Engineering Geomechanics
- Fracture Mechanism of Engineering Rock Mass and Resistance to In-situ Fracturing
- Sealing Safety of Cap Rocks in CO2 Geological Sequestration Site
- Hydraulic fracturing mechanism and technology in shale gas exploitation
- 2010 Ph.D. Institute of Geology and Geophysics, CAS, Beijing
- 2005 B.S. Xi’an University of Science and Technology, Xi’an
- 2014.1-present Associate Professor of the Institute of Geology and Geophysics, CAS
- 2011.8~2011.12 Visiting Scholar, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
- 2010.6-2014.1 Postdoctor of the Institute of Geology and Geophysics, CAS
- Zhen-dong Cui, Da-an Liu, Fa-quan Wu. 2014. Influence of dip directions on the main deformation region of layered rock around tunnels. 2013. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, 73:441–450.
- Zhen-Dong Cui, Da-An Liu, Rong-Shu Zeng, Jing-Rui Niu, Hong-Jian Wang, Xiao-Shan Shi. 2013. Resistance of caprock to hydraulic fracturing due to CO2 injection into sand lens reservoirs. Engineering Geology, 164: 146-154.
- Ernest Swierczek, Cui Zhen-Dong, Simon Holford, Guillaume Backé, Rosalind King, Andy Mitchells. 2013. Quantifying fault reactivation risk in the western Gippsland Basin using geomechanical modeling. APPEA Journal, pp.255-272.
- Zhen-dong Cui, Da-an Liu, Guang-ming An, Bo Sun, Miao Zhou, Fu-quan Cao. 2010. A comparison of two ISRM suggested chevron notched specimens for testing mode-I rock fracture toughness. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 47: 871-876.