Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: 4# South Fourth Street, Zhong Guan Cun, Beijing 100190, P.R. China
Prof. Ma's research interests include theories and interaction techniques in Multi-modal Interaction, Sketch-based interaction and Intelligent processing of visual media. She has made progress in fields including information representation, key interaction technologies of sketch- based interface in typical application domains. She has published over 90 papers on important journals and conferences, including CVPR、ECCV、 ACM TOMM、IEEE TMM、IEEE TASE、IEEE CG&A、CGF、IEEE VAST, etc. She won 2019 Newton Prize. She was awarded grants from the ISCAS Fund（Institute of software， Chinese Academy of Sciences ） for Distinguished Young Scholars in 2012.
· Newton Prize (UK), 2019
· Zhu Li Yuehua Excellent Teacher Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2016
· Science and Technology Award in Beijing, First Prize, 2015
· Outstanding Young Talent of Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2012
- Six most representative publications in recent five years
1. Liu, Fang, Changqing Zou, Xiaoming Deng, Ran Zuo, Yu-Kun Lai, Cuixia Ma*, Yong-Jin Liu, Hongan Wang. SceneSketcher: Fine-Grained Image Retrieval with Scene Sketches. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), pp. 718-734. Springer, Cham, 2020.
2. Xiaobing Du, Cuixia Ma*, Guanhua Zhang, Jinyao Li, Yu-Kun Lai, Guozhen Zhao, Xiaoming Deng, Yong-Jin Liu and Hongan Wang. An Efficient LSTM Network for Emotion Recognition from Multichannel EEG Signals, IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, 2020.
3. Fang Liu, Xiaoming Deng, Yu-Kun Lai, Yong-Jin Liu, Cuixia Ma*, Hongan Wang. SketchGAN: Joint Sketch Completion and Recognition with Generative Adversarial Network IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2019.
4. Cuixia Ma*, Jian-Cheng Song, Qian Zhu, Kevin Maher, Zeyuan Huang, Hongan Wang. EmotionMap: Visual Analysis of Video Emotional Content on a Map. Journal of Computer Science and Technology (JCST), 2020,35(3):576-591.
5. Cuixia Ma*, Yong-Jin Liu, Guozheng Zhao, Hongan Wang. Visualizing and Analyzing Video Content With Interactive Scalable Maps[J]. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 2016, 18(11):1-13.
6. Yong-jin Liu, Cuixia Ma*,Guozhen Zhao, Xiaolan Fu, Hongan Wang, Guozhong Dai, Lexing Xie, An Interactive SpiralTape Video Summarization, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 2016, 18(7):1-14.
1. Cuixia Ma, Xiaobing Du, Jinyao Li, Hongan Wang(2020). An emotion recognition method and electronic device based on multi-channel EEG data
2. Cuixia Ma, Liu Fang, Ran Zuo, Xiaoming Deng, Hongan Wang(2020). A fine-grained image retrieval method and device based on scene sketch
3. Cuixia Ma, Liu Fang, Xiaoming Deng, Hongan Wang(2019). A sketch completion and recognition method and device based on Generative Adversarial Networks
4. Cuixia Ma, Qian Zhu, Jiancheng Song,Hongan Wang(2019). A method and system of video emotion analysis and visualization based on metaphor map
5. Cuixia Ma, Dongxin Teng, Meijuan Ni, Qi Zhan, Ruri Wen, Hongan Wang(2012). A spiral-tape video summarization method based on video content