Xiankai Lu Ph.D/Professor
South China Botanical Garden,
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: Xinke Road #723, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510650, China
Global change ecology
Nitrogen deposition and forest ecosystems
Ph.D. in Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China; 2003.9-2008.2
B.S. in Agronomy, Laiyang Agriculture College, Shandong,China;1999.9-2003.7
2016.08-present: Professor, South China Botanical Garden, CAS
2011.06-2016.07: Associate professor, South China Botanical Garden, CAS
2008.03-2011.05: Assistant professor, South China Botanical Garden, CAS
2017.01-2019.01: Visiting scholar, BioGeoChemistry Lab of Peter Vitousek, Stanford University, USA
2013.03-2014.04: Visiting scholar, EcoLab of Dr. Yiqi Luo, The University of Oklahoma, USA
Honors & Distinctions
(1) 2020: Outstanding Member of the Youth Innovation Promotion Association of Chinese Academy of Sciences;
(2) 2019: Outstanding Young Scientist Award, Guangzhou Branch, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
(3) 2019: One of Ten Excellent Papers by Chinese Ecosystem Research Network (Luet al.,PNAS,2018, 115 (20): 5187-5192)
(4) 2016:The first prize of Guangdong science and Technology Award.Responsive mechanisms in stability and soil carbon sink of evergreen broadleaved forest ecosystems to environmental changes. (No. A03-1-01-R05; the 5thamong the group of 15 members)
(5) 2015: Selected as a member of Youth Innovation Promotion Association, CAS
(6) 2015: One of Ten Excellent Papers by Chinese Ecosystem Research Network (Luet al.,Global Change Biology, 2014, 20: 3790-3801)
(7) 2011: One of Ten Excellent Papers by Chinese Ecosystem Research Network (Luet al.,Global Change Biology, 2010, 16:2688–2700)
1. Weibin Chen, Fanglong Su, Zongqing Pang, Qinggong Mao, Buqing Zhong, Yongmei Xiong, Jiangming Mo, Xiankai Lu*. The removal of understory vegetation can rapidly alter the soil microbial community structure without altering the community assembly in a primary tropical forest. Geoderma, 2023, 429: 116180. (*Corresponding author)
2. Hui Li, Yao Chen, Zhe Lu, Faming Wang, Hans Lambers, Jingfan Zhangc, Guoming Qin, Jinge Zhou, Jingtao Wu, Lulu Zhang, Poonam Thapa, Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo. Nitrogen deposition in low-phosphorus tropical forests benefits soil C sequestration but not stabilization. Ecological Indicators, 2023,146:109761
3. Mianhai Zheng, Tao Zhang, Yiqi Luo, Juxiu Liu, Xiankai Lu, Qing Ye, Senhao Wang, Juan Huang, Qinggong Mao, Jiangming Mo & Wei Zhang. Temporal patterns of soil carbon emission in tropical forests under long-term nitrogen deposition. Nat. Geosci. 2022, 15, 1002–1010.
4. Lei Liu, Wen Xu, Xiankai Lu, Buqing Zhong, Yixin Guo, Xiao Lu, Yuanhong Zhao, Wei He, Songhan Wang, Xiuying Zhang, Xuejun Liu, Peter M. Vitousek. Exploring global changes in agricultural ammonia emissions and their contribution to nitrogen deposition since 1980. PNAS, 2022, 119 (14): e2121998119.
5. Jingfan Zhang, Jinge Zhou, Emma J. Sayer, Hans Lambers, Zhanfeng Liu, Xiankai Lu, Yingwen Li, Yongxing Li, Hui Li, Faming Wang. Nitrogen deposition enhances soil organic carbon and microbial residual carbon in a tropical forest. Plant Soil. 2022 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11104-022-05787-6
6. Weibin Chen, Fanglong Su, Yanxia Nie, Buqing Zhong, Yong Zheng, Jiangming Mo, Binghong Xiong, Xiankai Lu*. Divergent responses of soil microbial functional groups to long-term high nitrogen presence in the tropical forests. Science of The Total Environment, 2022, 821: 153251.
7. HuiLing Guan, JiangWen Fan*, Xiankai Lu*. Soil specific enzyme stoichiometry reflects nitrogen limitation of microorganisms under different types of vegetation restoration in the karst areas. Applied Soil Ecology, 2022, 169: 104253.
8. Tao Liu*, Xiaoling Wang, Weixin Zhang, Nico Eisenhauer, Yuanhu Shao, Jie Zhao, Jianxiong Li, Xinxing Heh, Libin Tao, Shenglei Fu, Xiankai Lu*. Earthworms regulate the nematode community by directly enhancing the bacterial-based energy channel rather than through the effect of casts. Pedobiologia –Journal of Soil Ecology, 2022, 95: 150843.
9. Zhen Zhao, Xiaoling Wang, Weixin Zhang, Xiankai Lu, Tao Liu *. Effects of exotic and native earthworms on soil micro-decomposers in a subtropical forest: a field mesocosm experiment.forests. Forests, 2022, 13, 1924.
10. Guoxiang Niu, Li Liu, Yinliu Wang, Huiling Guan, Qiushi Ning, Tao Liu, Kathrin Rousk, Buqing Zhong, Junjie Yang, Xiankai Lu, Xingguo Han, Jianhui Huang*. Effects of decadal nitrogen addition on carbon and nitrogen stocks in different organic matter fractions of typical steppe soils. Ecological Indicators, 2022, 144: 109471.
11. Guoxiang Niu, Yinliu Wang, Ruzhen Wang, Qiushi Ning*, Huiling Guan, Junjie Yang, Xiankai Lu, Xingguo Han and Jianhui Huang*. Intensity and duration of nitrogen addition jointly alter soil nutrient availability in a temperate grassland. Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, 2022, 127: e2021JG006698.
12. Guoxiang Niu, Gege Yin, Xiaohan Mo, Qinggong Mao, Jiangming Mo, Junjian Wang and Xiankai Lu*. Do long-term high nitrogen inputs change the composition of soil dissolved organic matter in a primary tropical forest? Environmental Research Letters, 2022, 17: 095015.
13. Feifei Zhu, Frank S. Gilliam, Jan Mulder, Muneoki Yoh, Jiangming Mo*, Xiankai Lu*. Effects of excess nitrogen (N) on fine root growth in tropical forests of contrasting N status. Forests, 2022，13(8), 1328. [42173077
14. Songbo Tang,Jianfeng Liu, Frank S. Gilliam, Peter Hietz, Zhiheng Wang, Xiankai Lu, Feiyan Zeng, Dazhi Wen, Enqing Hou, Yuan Lai, Yunting Fang, Ying Tu, Dan Xi, Zhiqun Huang, Dianxiang Zhang, Rong Wang, Yuanwen Kuang. Drivers of foliar 15N trends in southern China over the last century. Global Change Biology, 2022, 28: 5441-5452.
15. Yanxia Nie, S. Y. L. Lau, Xiangping Tan, Xiankai Lu, Suping Liu, Teemu Tahvanainen, Reika Isoda, Qing Ye, Yasuyuki Hashidoko. 2022. Sphagnum capillifolium holobiont from a subarctic palsa bog aggravates the potential of nitrous oxide emissions. Front. Plant Sci. 13:974251.
16. Xiankai Lu, Peter M. Vitousek, Qinggong Mao, Frank S. Gilliam, Yiqi Luo, Benjamin L. Turner, Guoyi Zhou, Jiangming Mo. Nitrogen deposition accelerates soil carbon sequestration in tropical forests. PNAS, 2021，118 (16)： e2020790118
17. Fanglong Su, Shan Xu, Emma J. Sayer, Weibin Chen, Yue Du, Xiankai Lu*. Distinct storage mechanisms of soil organic carbon in coniferous forest and evergreen broadleaf forest in tropical China. Journal of Environmental Management, 2021, 295: 113142. (*Corresponding author)
18. Qinggong Mao, Hao Chen, Geshere Abdis Gurmesa, Per Gundersen, David Scott Ellsworth, Frank S. Gilliam, Cong Wang, Fiefei Zhu, Qing Ye, Jiangming Mo*, Xiankai Lu*.Negative effects of long-term phosphorus additions on understory plants in a primary tropical forest. Science of the Total Environment, 2021, 798:149306.
19. Xiankai Lu, Qinggong Ma, Zhuohang Wang, Taiki Mori, Jiangming Mo, Fanglong Su, and Zongqing Pang. Long-Term Nitrogen Addition Decreases Soil Carbon Mineralization in an N-Rich Primary Tropical Forest. Forests, 2021, 12(6):734.
20. Mao, Q.; Chen, H.; Wang, C.; Pang, Z.; Mo, J.; Lu, X*. Effect of Long-Term Nitrogen and Phosphorus Additions on Understory Plant Nutrients in a Primary Tropical Forest. Forests 2021, 12, 803.
21. Geshere Abdisa Gurmesa, Jiangming Mo, Per Gundersen, Qinggong Mao, Yunting Fang, Zhu Feifei, Xiankai Lu*. Retention and partitioning of 15N-labeled deposited N in a tropical plantation forest. Biogeochemistry, 2021, 152(2): 237-251. (*Corresponding author)
22. Tong Zhang, Xingyun Liang, Qing Ye, Hormoz BassiriRad, Hui Liu, Pengcheng He, Guilin Wu, Xiankai Lu, Jiangming M, Xi'an Cai, Xingquan Rao, Junhua Yan, Shenglei Fu. Leaf hydraulic acclimation to nitrogen addition of two dominant tree species in a subtropical forest. Science of the Total Environment, 2021, 771: 145415.
23. Shan Xu, Emma J. Sayer, Nico Eisenhauer, Xiankai Lu, Junjian Wang & Chengshuai Liu. Aboveground litter inputs determine carbon storage across soil profiles: a meta-analysis. Plant and Soil, 2021, 462: 429–444.
24. Jinhong He, Shuo Jiao, Xiangping Tan, Hui Wei, Xiaomin Ma, Yanxia Nie, Juxiu Liu, Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo, Weijun Shen. Adaptation of soil fungal community structure and assembly to long- versus short-term nitrogen addition in a tropical forest. Frontiers in Microbiology, 2021, 12: 689674.
25. Shan Xu, Nico Eisenhauer, Olga Ferlian, Jinlong Zhang, Guoyi Zhou, Xiankai Lu, Chengshuai Liu, Deqiang Zhang. Species richness promotes ecosystem carbon storage: evidence from biodiversity-ecosystem functioning experiments. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 2020, 287: 20202063.
26. Du, E.*, Lu, X.*, Tian, D., Mao, Q., Jing, X., Wang, C., & Xia, N. (2020). Impacts of Nitrogen Deposition on Forest Ecosystems in China. In Atmospheric Reactive Nitrogen in China (pp. 185-213). Springer, Singapore. In: Liu X., Du E. (eds) Atmospheric Reactive Nitrogen in China. Springer, Singapore. 2020, 185-213. (*Corresponding author)
27. Enqing Hou, Yiqi Luo, Yuanwen Kuang, Chengrong Chen, Xiankai Lu, Lifen Jiang Xianzhen Luo, Dazhi Wen. Global meta-analysis shows pervasive phosphorus limitation of aboveground plant production in natural terrestrial ecosystems. Nature Communications, 2020, 11:637.
28. Xingyun Liang, Tong Zhang, Xiankai Lu, David S. Ellsworth, Hormoz BassiriRad, Chengming You, Dong Wang, Pengcheng He, Qi Deng, Hui Liu, Jiangming Mo, Qing Ye. Global response patterns of plant photosynthesis to nitrogen addition: A meta-analysis. Global Change Biology, 2020, 26:3585-3600.
29. Cong Wang, Taiki Mori, Qinggong Mao, Kaijun Zhou, Zhuohang Wang, Yongqun Zhang, Hui Mo, Xiankai Lu*, and Jiangming Mo. Long-term phosphorus addition downregulates microbial investments on enzyme productions in a mature tropical forest. Journal of Soils and Sediments, 2020, 20: 921-930. (*Corresponding author)
30. Taiki Mori, Kaijun Zhou, Cong Wang, Senhao Wang, Yingping Wang, Mianhai Zheng, Xiankai Lu, Wei Zhang, Jiangming Mo. Effects of 14-year continuous nitrogen addition on soil arylsulfatase and phosphodiesterase activities in a mature tropical forest. Global Ecology and Conservation, 2020, 22(e00934).
31. Guoyi Zhou, Shan Xu, Philippe Ciais, Stefano Manzoni, Jingyun Fang, Guirui Yu, Xuli Tang, Ping Zhou, Wantong Wang, Junhua Yan, Gengxu Wang, Keping Ma, Shenggong Li, Sheng Du, Shijie Han, Youxin Ma, Deqiang Zhang, Juxiu Liu, Shizhong Liu, Guowei Chu, Qianmei Zhang, Yuelin Li, Wenjuan Huang, Hai Ren, Xiankai Lu, Xiuzhi Chen. Climate and litter C/N ratio constrain soil organic carbon accumulation. National Science Review, 2019, 6:746–757.
32. Jing Tian, Jennifer A. J. Dungait, Xiankai Lu, Yunfeng Yang, Iain P. Hartley, Wei Zhang, Jiangming Mo, Guirui Yu, Jizhong Zhou, Yakov Kuzyakov. Long-term nitrogen addition modifies microbial composition and functions for slow carbon cycling and increased sequestration in tropical forest soil. Global change biology, 2019, 25(10): 3267-3281.
33. Geshere Abdisa Gurmesa, Xiankai Lu, Per Gundersen, Qinggong Mao, Yunting Fang and Jiangming Mo. Species Differences in Nitrogen Acquisition in Humid Subtropical Forest Inferred From 15N Natural Abundance and Its Response to Tracer Addition. Forests, 2019, 10(11), 991
34. Taiki Mori, Senhao Wang, Zhuohang Wang, Cong Wang, Hui Mo, Jiangming Mo, and Xiankai Lu*. Testing potassium limitation on soil microbial activity in a sub-tropical forest. Journal of Forestry Research, 2019, 30: 2341–2347. (*Corresponding author)
35. Mianhai Zheng, Wei Zhang, Yiqi Luo, Dejun Li Senhao Wang, Juan Huang, Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo. Stoichiometry controls asymbiotic nitrogen fixation and its response to nitrogen inputs in a nitrogen‐saturated forest. Ecology, 2018, 99(9): 2037–2046.
36. Xiankai Lu, Peter M. Vitousek*, Qinggong Mao, Frank S. Gilliam, Yiqi Luo, Guoyi Zhou, Xiaoming Zou, Edith Bai, Todd M. Scanlon, Enqing Hou and Jiangming Mo*. Plant acclimation to long-term high nitrogen deposition in an N-rich tropical forest. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2018, 115 (20): 5187-5192.
37. Cong Wang, Xiankai Lu*, Taiki Mori, Jiangming Mo, Guoyi Zhou, Qinggong Mao, Kaijun Zhou, Yanxia Nie. Responses of soil microbial community to continuous experimental nitrogen addition for 13 years in a nitrogen-rich tropical forest. Soil biology and biochemistry, 2018, 121:103–112. (*Corresponding author)
38. Kaijun Zhou, Xiankai Lu*, Taiki Mori, Qinggong Mao, Cong Wang, Mianhai Zheng, Hui Mo, Enqing Hou, Jiangming Mo. Effects of long-term nitrogen deposition on phosphorus leaching dynamics in a mature tropical forest. Biogeochemistry, 2018,138 (2): 215-224. (*Corresponding author)
39. Taiki Mori, Xiangkai Lu, Ryota Aoyagi, Jiangming Mo. Reconsidering the phosphorus limitation of soil microbial activity in tropical forests. Functional Ecology, 2018, 32(5): 1145-1154.
40. Enqing Hou, Chengrong Chen, Yiqi Luo, Guoyi Zhou, Yuanwen Kuang, Yuguang Zhang, Marijke Heenan, Xiankai Lu, Dazhi Wen. . Global Change Biology 2018, 24(8):3344-3356.
41. Qinggong Mao, Xiankai Lu*, Hui Mo, Per Gundersen, Jiangming Mo. Effects of simulated N deposition on foliar nutrient status, N metabolism and photosynthetic capacity of three dominant understory plant species in a mature tropical forest. Science of the Total Environment, 2018, 610: 555-562. (*Corresponding author)
42. Hou EQ*, Tang SB, Chen CR, Kuang YW, Lu XK, Heenan M, Wen DZ*. Solubility of phosphorus in subtropical forest soils as influenced by low-molecular organic acids and key soil properties. Geoderma, 2018, 313:172-180
43. Xinyu Jiang, Nan Liu, Xiankai Lu, Jian-Guo Huang, Jiong Cheng, Xiali Guo, Shuhua Wu. Canopy and understory nitrogen addition increase the xylem tracheid size of dominant broadleaf species in a subtropical forest of China. Science of the Total Environment, 2018, 642:733-741.
44. Qinggong Mao, Xiankai Lu*, Cong Wang, Kaijun Zhou, Jiangming Mo*. Responses of understory plant physiological traits to a decade of nitrogen addition in a tropical reforested ecosystem. Forest Ecology and Management, 2017, 401:65-74. (*Corresponding author)
45. Geshere Abdisa Gurmesa, Xiankai Lu, Per Gundersen, Yunting Fang, Qinggong Mao, Chen Hao, and Jiangming Mo Nitrogen input 15N signatures are reflected in plant 15N natural abundances in subtropical forests in China. Biogeosciences, 2017, 14: 2359–2370.
46. Qinggong Mao, Xiankai Lu*, Kaijun Zhou, Hao Chen, Xiaomin Zhu, Taiki Mori, Jiangming Mo*. Effects of long-term nitrogen and phosphorus additions on soil acidification in an N-rich tropical forest. Geoderma, 2017, 285: 57-63. (*Corresponding author)
47. Xuejun Liu,Wen Xu, Lei Duan, Enzai Du, Yuepeng Pan, Xiankai Lu, Lin Zhang, Zhiyong Wu, Xuemei Wang, Ying Zhang, Jianlin Shen, Ling Song, Zhaozhong Feng, Xueyan Liu, Wei Song, Aohan Tang, Yangyang Zhang, Xiuying Zhang, Jeffrey L. Collett Jr. Atmospheric Nitrogen Emission, Deposition, and Air Quality Impacts in China: an Overview. Current Pollution Reports, 2017, 3(2): 65-77.
48. Mianhai Zheng, Wei Zhang, Yiqi Luo, Taiki Mori, Qinggong Mao, Senhao Wang, Juan Huang, Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo. Different responses of asymbiotic nitrogen fixation to nitrogen addition between disturbed and rehabilitated subtropical forests. Science of the Total Environment, 2017, 601-602:1505-1512.
49. Geshere Abdisa Gurmesa, Xiankai Lu, Per Gundersen, Qinggong Mao, Kaijun Zhou, Yunting Fang, Jiangming Mo. High retention of 15N-labeled nitrogen deposition in a nitrogen saturated old-growth tropical forest. Global Change Biology, 2016, 22, 3608–3620.
50. Wei Zhang, Yanhe Cui, Xiankai Lu, Edith Bai, Hongbo He, Hongtu Xie, Chao Liang, Xudong Zhang. High nitrogen deposition decreases the contribution of fungal residues to soil carbon pools in a tropical forest ecosystem. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 2016, 97: 211-214.
51. Chen, Y., Sayer, E. J., Li, Z., Mo, Q., Li, Y., Ding, Y., Wang, J., Lu, X., Tang, J., Wang, F. Nutrient limitation of woody debris decomposition in a tropical forest: contrasting effects of N and P addition. Functional Ecology, 2016, 30, 295–304.
52. Lu, Xiankai; Mao, Qinggong; Mo, Jiangming; Gilliam, Frank; Zhou, Guoyi; Luo, Yiqi; Zhang, Wei; Huang, Juan. Divergent responses of soil buffering capacity to long-term N deposition in three typical tropical forests with different land-use history. Environmental Science & Technology, 2015, 49 (7): 4072–4080.
53. Feifei Zhu, Xiankai Lu, Lei Liu, Jiangming Mo. Phosphate addition enhanced soil inorganic nutrients to a large extent in three lowland tropical forests. Scientific Reports, 2015, 5: 7923, doi:10.1038/srep07923
54. Qinggong Mao, Xiankai Lu*, Hao Chen, Jiangming Mo. Responses of terrestrial plant diversity to elevated mineral element inputs, Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2015, 35(17): 5884-5897
55. Lu, X., Mao, Q., Gilliam, F. S., Luo, Y., & Mo, J. Nitrogen deposition contributes to soil acidification in tropical ecosystems. Global change biology, 2014, 20(12), 3790-3801.
56. Juan Huang, JiangMing Mo, Wei Zhang, XianKai Lu. Research on acidification in forest soil driven by atmospheric nitrogen deposition. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2014, 34(6):302-310.
57. Juan Huang, Wei Zhang, Xiaomin Zhu, Frank S. Gilliam, Hao Chen, Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo. Urbanization in China changes the composition and main sources of wet inorganic nitrogen deposition. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2014, DOI: 10.1007/s11356-014-3786-7
58. Zhu Feifei, Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo. Phosphorus limitation on photosynthesis of two dominant understory species in a lowland tropical forest. Journal of Plant Ecology,
59. Feifei Zhu, Muneoki Yoh, Frank S Gilliam, Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo. Nutrient limitation in three lowland tropical forests in southern China receiving high nitrogen deposition: insights from fine root responses to nutrient additions. PLoS ONE, 2013, 8(12), e82661.
60. Guangyan Ni, P. Zhao, W. Wu, X.-K. Lu, X.-H. Zhao, L.-W. Zhu, J.-F. Niu. A hybrid of the invasive plant Sphagneticola trilobata has similar competitive ability but different response to nitrogen deposition compared to parent. Ecological research, 2014, 29(2), 331-339.
61. Lu, X., Gilliam, F. S., Yu, G., Li, L., Mao, Q., Chen, H., and Mo, J. Long-term nitrogen addition decreases carbon leaching in a nitrogen-rich forest ecosystem. Biogeosciences, 2013, 10, 3931–3941.
62. Laurance WF, Useche DC, Rendeiro J, Kalka M, and others, Xiankai Lu. Averting biodiversity collapse in tropical forest protected areas. Nature, 2012, 489(7415):290-294.
63. Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo, Frank S. Gilliam, Hua Fang, Feifei Zhu, Yunting Fang, Wei Zhang and Juan Huang. Nitrogen addition shapes soil phosphorus availability in two reforested tropical forests in Southern China. Biotropica, 2012, 44(3): 302-311.
64. Koba K, Fang YT, Mo JM, Zhang W, Lu XK, Liu L, Zhang T, Takebayashi Y, Toyoda S, Yoshida N, Suzuki K, Yoh M, Senoo K. The N-15 natural abundance of the N lost from an N-saturated subtropical forest in southern China. Journal of Geophysical Research, 2012, 117, G02015, DOI: 10.1029/2010JG001615.
65. Wei Zhang, Xiaomin Zhu, Lei Liu, Shenglei Fu, Hao Chen, Juan Huang, Xiankai Lu, Zhanfeng Liu, and Jiangming Mo. Large difference of inhibitive effect of nitrogen deposition on soil methane oxidation between plantations with N-fixing tree species and non-N-fixing tree species. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 2012, VOL. 117, G00N16.
66. Wen-Juan HUANG, De-Qiang ZHANG, Yue-Lin LI, Xian-Kai LU, Wei ZHANG, et al. Responses of soil acid phosphomonoesterase activity to simulated nitrogen deposition in three forests of subtropical China. Pedosphere, 2012, 22(5), 698-706.
67. Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo, Frank S. Gilliam, Guirui Yu, Wei Zhang, Yunting Fang, Juan Huang. Effects of experimental nitrogen additions on plant diversity in tropical forests of contrasting disturbance regimes in Southern China. Environmental Pollution, 2011,159 (10): 2228-2235
68. Xuejun Liu, Lei Duan, Jiangming Mo, Enzai Du, Jianlin Shen, Xiankai Lu (parallel first authors), Ying Zhang, Xiaobing Zhou, Chune He, Fusuo Zhang. Nitrogen deposition and its ecological impact in China: An overview. Environmental Pollution, 2011, 159 (10): 2251-2264.
69. Yunting Fang, Muneoki Yoh, Keisuke Koba, Weixing Zhu, Yu Takebayashi, Yihua Xiao, Chunyi Lei, Jiangming Mo, Wei Zhang, Xiankai Lu. Nitrogen deposition and forest nitrogen cycling along an urban-rural transect in southern China. Global Change Biology, 2011, 17: 872-885.
70. Xiankai Lu, Jiangming Mo, Frank S. Gilliam, Guoyi Zhou, Yunting Fang. Effects of experimental nitrogen additions on plant diversity in an old-growth tropical forest. Global Change Biology, 2010, 16, 2688–2700.
71. K. Koba1, K. Isobe, Y. Takebayashi, Y.T. Fang, Y. Sasaki, W. Saito, M. Yoh, J Mo, L. Liu, Xiankai Lu, T. Zhang, W. Zhang and K. Senoo. d15N of soil N and plants in a N-saturated, subtropical forest of southern China. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry (Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom.) 2010; 24: 2499–2506.
72. XianKai Lu, JiangMing Mo, Per Gundersern, WeiXing Zhu, GuoYi Zhou, DeJun Li and Xu Zhang. 2009. Effect of simulated N deposition on soil exchangeable cations in three forest types of subtropical China. Pedosphere. 2009, 19 (2): 189–198.
73. Lu Xiankai, Mo Jiangming, Dong Shaofeng. Effects of nitrogen deposition on forest biodiversity. Acta Ecologica Sinica. 2008, 28(11):5532-5548.
74. Hui Wang, Jiangming Mo, Xiankai Lu, Jinghua Xue, Jiong Li, Yunting Fang. Effects of elevated nitrogen deposition on soil microbial biomass carbon in major subtropical forests of southern China. Front. For. China (Frontiers of Forestry in China), 2009, 4(1): 21–27. DOI 10.1007/s11461-009-0013-7
75. Jiangming Mo, Hua Fang, Weixing Zhu, Guoyi Zhou, Xiankai Lu, Yunting Fang. 2008. Decomposition of pine (Pinus massoniana) needles with two different nutrient-status responses to N deposition in a tropical pine plantation in southern China. Annals of Forest Science. 2008, 65:405, DOI: 10.1051/forest: 2008017.
76. Wei Zhang, Jiangming Mo, Guoyi Zhou, Per Gundersen, Yunting Fang, Xiankai Lu, Tao Zhang, Shaofeng Dong. Methane uptake responses to nitrogen deposition in three tropical forests in southern China. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres. 2008, 113, D11116, doi:10.1029/2007JD009195.
77. Wei Zhang, Jiangming Mo, Guirui Yu, Yunting Fang, Dejun Li, Xiankai Lu, Hui Wang. Emissions of nitrous oxide from three tropical forests in southern China in response to simulated nitrogen deposition. Plant and Soil. 2008, 306: 221-236. DOI: 10.1007/s11104-008-9575-7.
78. Zhang Wei, Mo Jiangming, Fang Yunting, Lu Xiankai, Wang Hui. Effects of nitrogen deposition on the greenhouse gas fluxes from forest soils. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2008, 28(5): 2309−2319.
79. Lu Xiankai, Mo Jiangming, Li Dejun, Zhang Wei, Fang Yunting. Effects of simulated N deposition on the photosynthetic and physiologic characteristics of dominant understorey plants in Dinghushan Mountain of subtropical China．Journal of Beijng Forestry University, 2007, 29(6): 1-9.
80. Lu Xiankai, Mo Jiangming, Peng Shaolin, Fang Yunting, Li Dejun, Lin Qiongfang. Effects of simulated N deposition on free amino acids and soluble protein of three dominant understory species in a monsoon evergreen broad-leaved forest of subtropical China. Acta Ecologica Sinica. 2006, 26(3):743-753.
Dr. Xiankai Lu was trained as an ecologist with an emphasis on ecosystem ecology and global environmental changes. His current research focuses on the response and acclimation of forest ecosystems to global changes, especially for nitrogen deposition and land use. Dr. Lu is particularly interested in the biogeochemical cycles of key elements (e.g., C, N, and P), the acclimation of plants and microbes to chronic N inputs, and the mechanisms on soil carbon sequestration and nitrogen retention in tropical forests.
(1) Nitrogen biogeochemistry in forest ecosystems;
(2) Response and acclimation of forest ecosystems to global Changes, especially for nitrogen deposition;
(3) Mechanisms on soil carbon sequestration and nitrogen retention in tropical forests.
王卓航 硕士研究生 085238-生物工程
张勇群 硕士研究生 071300-生态学
刘荣臻 硕士研究生 085238-生物工程
周凯军 博士研究生 071300-生态学
王聪 博士研究生 071300-生态学
庞宗清 硕士研究生 085238-生物工程
赵珍 硕士研究生 071300-生态学
李慧 博士研究生 071300-生态学
张雪冰 博士研究生 071300-生态学
张泽和 硕士研究生 086000-生物与医药
庞朝龙 硕士研究生 071300-生态学
陆龙威 博士研究生 071300-生态学
刘佩伶 博士研究生 071300-生态学