Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: A11 Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Current Research Interests:
Arsenic transformation in terrestrial and aquatic system
- Remediation of heavy metal (Lead, Zinc, Arsenic et al. ) contaminated industrial sites (Iron and steel industries, nonferrous metal smelters), focusing on additives of solidification/stabilization of heavy metals)
Ph.D. 2001. Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research Chinese Academy of Sciences.
M.S. 1993. Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
B. S. 1987. Department of Earth Science, Nanjing University, China
Professor: Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences (2013-present).
Visiting scholar: Department of Ocean and Civil Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Feb-May, 2016
Visiting associate professor at the School of Botany, University of Melbourne, Dec 2001-Jan 2002.
Associate Professor: Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences (1999-2013).
Assistant Professor: Institute of Geography, Chinese Academy of Sciences (1993-1999).
Research Assistant: Institute of Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences(1987-1990).
Honors & Distinctions
Award of Science and Technology Beijing 2014, First Prize
Award of Natural Sciences Guangxi 2012, Second Prize
- Xie SW, Feng HX Yang F, Zhao ZD, Hu XD, Wei CY*, Liang T, Li HT, Geng YB. Does dual reduction in chemical fertilizer and pesticides improve nutrient loss and tea yield and quality? A pilot study in a green tea garden in Shaoxing, Zhejiang Province, China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2018, online first, DOI: 10.1007/s11356-018-3732-1
- Xie SW, Liu JX, Yang F, Feng HX, Wei CY*, Wu FC. Arsenic uptake, transformation, and release by three freshwater algae under conditions with and without growth stress. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2018, 25(20)19413-19422
- Yang F, Xie SW, Wei CY*, Liu JX, Zhang HZ, Chen T, Zhang J. Arsenic characteristics in the terrestrial environment in the vicinity of the Shimen realgar mine, China, Science of the Total Environment,2018, 626: 77-86
- Yang F, Xie SW, Wei CY*, Liu JX, Zhang HZ, Chen T, Zhang J. Arsenic concentrations and speciation in wild birds from an abandoned realgar mine in China, Chemosphere, 2018, 193:777-784
- Shi QT, Terracciano, A, Zhao Y, Wei CY, Christodoulatos C, Meng XG*. Evaluation of metal oxides and activated carbon for lead removal: Kinetics, isotherms, column tests, and the role of co-existing ions. Science of the Total Environment, 2018,648:176-183
- Ren J，Fan W*，Wang X，Ma Q，Li X，Xu Z，Wei C，Influences of size-fractionated humic acids on arsenite and arsenate complexation and toxicity to Daphnia magna，Water Research, 2017, 108：68-77.
- Yang F，Zhang N， Wei CY *，Liu JX，Xie SW. Arsenic speciation in organisms from two large shallow freshwater lakes in China，Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology，2017，98（2）：226-233
- Yang F, Geng D, Wei CY*, Ji HB, Xu H. Distribution of arsenic between the particulate and aqueous phases in surface water from three freshwater lakes in China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2016, 23 (8) : 7452-7461
- Zhu XD, Wei CY*, Liang Tao, Yang Fen, Bioaccessibility of heavy metals in soils cannot be predicted by a single model in two adjacent areas. Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 2016, 38(1): 233-241
- Zhu XD, Wei CY*, Yang Fen, Factors influencing the heavy metal bioaccessibility in soils were site dependent from different geographical locations. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2015, 22(18) 13939-13949
- Fan W*, Ren J, Li X, Wei CY, Xue F, Zhang N. Bioaccumulation and oxidative stress in Daphnia magna exposed to arsenite and arsenate. Environ Toxicol Chem , 2015, 34(11):2629-35.
- Wei CY*, Ge ZF, Chu WS, Feng RW. Speciation of antimony and arsenic in the soils and plants in an old antimony mine. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 2015, 109: 31-39
- Feng RW, Wang XL, Wei CY*, Tu SX. The accumulation and subcellular distribution of arsenic and antimony in four fern plants. International Journal of Phytoremediation, 2015,17 (4): 348-354
- Zhang N, Wei CY*, Yang LS. Occurrence of arsenic in two large shallow freshwater lakes in China and a comparison to other lakes around the world. Microchemical Journal, 2013,110: 169-177.
- Feng RW, Wei CY*, Tu SX et al. The uptake and detoxification of antimony by plants: a review. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 2013, 96:28-34.
- Ge ZF, Wei CY*.Simultaneous analysis of SbIII, SbV and TMSb by high performance liquid chromatography-inductively coupled plasma- mass spectrometry detection: application to antimony speciation in soil samples. Journal of Chromatographic Science, 2013, 51:391-399.
- Feng RW, Wei CY*, Tu SX, Liu ZQ. Interactive effects of selenium and antimony on the uptake of selenium, antimony and essential elements in paddy-rice. Plant and Soil, 2013, 365:375-386.
- Fu S, Wei CY*. Multivariate and spatial analysis of heavy metal sources and variations in a large old antimony mine, China. Journal of Soils and Sediments, 2013, 13:106-116.
- Wei, CY*, Zheng, H, Yu, JP. Arsenic in the rhizosphere soil solution of ferns. International Journal of Phytoremediation, 2012, 14(10): 950-965.
- Wei CY*, Zhang N. Arsenic Variation in Two Basins of Lake Dianchi. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 2012, 88: 605-610.
- Wei CY*, Wen HL. The geochemical baseline of heavy metals in the sediments of two large fresh water lakes in China: implications for estimation of contamination character and history. Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 2012, 34:737-748.
- Wei CY*, Zhang N, Yang LS. The fluctuation of arsenic levels in lake Taihu. Biological Trace Element Research, 2011, 143:1310-1318.
- Wei CY*, Deng QJ , Wu FC*, Fu ZY, Xu LB. Arsenic, antimony and bismuth uptake and accumulation by plants in an old antimony mine, China. Biological Trace Element Research, 2011, 144: 1150-1158.
- Feng RW, Wei CY*, Wu FC, Tang SR, Tu SX. Simultaneous hyperaccumulation of arsenic and antimony in Cretan brake fern: Evidence of plant uptake and subcellular distributions. Microchemical Journal, 2011, 97:38-43.
- Feng RW, Wei CY*, Wu FC, Tang SR, Tu SX. Detoxification of antimony by selenium and their interaction in paddy rice under hydroponic condition. Microchemical Journal, 2011, 97:57-61.
- Feng RW, Wei CY*, Tu SX, Wu FC, Yang LS. 2009. Antimony accumulation and antioxidative responses in four fern plants. Plant and Soil, 317: 93-101.
- Feng RW, Wei CY*, Tu SX, Wu FC. 2009. Effect of selenium on the uptake of nutrient elements in Pteris vittata L. Plant and Soil ,325:123-132.
- Feng RW, Wei CY*, Tu .X, Sun X. 2009. Interactive effect of Se and As on their uptake by Pteris vittata. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 65:363-368.
- Zhu YM, Wei CY*, Yang LS. 2010. Rehabilitation of a tailing dam at Shimen County, Hunan Province: effectives assessment. Acta Ecologica Sinica，30(3) 178-183
- Wei CY*, Wang C and Yang LS. 2009. Characterizing spatial distribution and sources of heavy metals in the soils from mining-smelting activities in Shuikoushan, Hunan Province, China. Journal of Environmental Science ，21（9）1230-1236
- Wei CY*, Yang LS. 2009. A bio-remediation method for arsenic tailings and dumps. Chinese patent application No. 200910169715.9
- Wei CY*, Sun X, Wang C, Wang WY. 2006. Factors influencing arsenic accumulation by Pteris vittata: a comparative field study at two sites. Environmental Pollution, 141: 488-493.
- Wei CY*, Chen T.B. 2006. Arsenic accumulation by two brake ferns growing on an arsenic mine and their potential in phytoremediation. Chemosphere, 63:1048-1053.
- Wei CY*, Wang C, Sun X, Wang WY. 2007. Arsenic accumulation by ferns: a field survey in southern China. Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 29:169-177.
- Wei CY*, Zhang ZY. 2007. Multivariate analysis of elements in Chinese brake fern as determined using neutron activation analysis. Biological Trace Element Research 115:277-290.
- Chen TB*, Wei CY, Huang ZC, Fan ZL, Huang QF, LU QG. 2002. Arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. and its arsenic accumulation. Chinese Science Bulletin, 47(11)902-905.
- Remediation of agriculture farmland and industrial contaminated sites
- Geochemical changes in landsurface of soils and watersheds as impacted by anthropogenic activities
- The fate and transport of colloidal arsenic in soils and surface waters