LIU Qian Male Physics Department
Email: liuqian AT ucas.ac.cn
Address: 19A Yuquan Road, Shijingshan District, Beijing
• Master of Experimental Physics. Institution of High Energy Physics, Beijing, China. Jul. 2004.
• Bachelor of Physics, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China. Jul. 2002.
• Successfully built Time of Flight (TOF) monitoring system. Lead a group to install the monitoring sys-tem which is using laser diode as light source and 512 optical fibers distributing the light pulse to the TOF counters. Developed software for DAQ and data analysis.
• Working on Beam Energy Measurement experiment.
• Measured the Psi(2S) decays into γKKπ.
• Checked and calibrated BESIII TOF detector. After calibration, the average time resolution of BESIII TOF is 90 ps.
• Designed and joined the long-term test of BESIII Resistive Plate Chamber (RPC) detector.
• Beam test (aging test) for RPC using the beam of Beijing Electron/Position Collider (BEPC). Did the simulation to choose a proper test method, built a DAQ system and developed a software to analyze the data.
• Designed and built the cosmic-ray stand for RPC using multilayer ALEPH stream tube and developed associated electronics. Measure the efficiency map of all BESIII RPC detectors.
• Worked for Cathode Strip Chamber (CSC) chamber cosmic-ray test for LHC CMS group.
• Join the gas electron multiplier (GEM) detector R&D.
• Measured the branching fraction of Psi(2S) decays to Tau pairs.
"Rayleigh scattering of linear alkylbenzene in large liquid scintillator detectors", Rev. Sci. Instr. 2015, 86: 073310.
- "Densities, isobaric thermal expansion coefficients and isothermal compressibilities of linear alkylbenzene", The Phys. Scr. 2015, 90: 055701.
- "Rayleigh scattering and depolarization ratio in linear alkylbenzene", Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A. 2015, 795: 284.
- "Spectroscopic study of light scattering in linear alkylbenzene for liquid scintillator neutrino detectors", The Eur. Phys. J. C. 2015, 75: 545.
- "Study of Thick Gaseous Electron Multipliers Gain Stability and Some Influencing Factors", Chin. Phys. Letter. V31,No.03, 032901,2014.
- "Ion Transportation Study for Thick Gas Electron Multipliers", Chin. Phys. Letter V31, No.12, 122901, 2014.
- "A successful application of thinner-THGEMs", JINST 8, C11008, 2013.
- "A study of thinner-THGEM, with some applications", JINST 7, C06001, 2012.
- "Measurements of the Mass and Width of the ηc using the decay ψ(3686)→γ ηc", Phys. Rev. Lett. 2012, 108:222002.
- "BES3 time-of-flight monitoring system", Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A. 2008, 593: 255.
- "Quality control and database on resistive plate chambers for the BES experiment", Chin. Phys. C. V32, No.03, 2008.
- "Test of BES RPC in the avalanche mode", Chin. Phys. C. V32, No.05, 2008.
- "Cosmic ray test results on resistive plate chamber for the BESIII experiments", Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A. 2007, 577:552.
- "The Design and Mass Production on Resistive Plate Chambers for the BESIII Experiment", Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A. 2007, 580:1250.
- "Improved measurement of ψ(2S) decays into tau+tau-", Phys. Rev. D 2006, 74:112003.
- "Cosmic ray test station for BESIII RPC", High Energy Physics & Nuclear Physics 2006, 30(4):4, 327.
- "A new surface treatment for the prototype RPCs", Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A. 2005, 540:102.