Specific topics that I have worked on include Polyhedral Combinatorics, Algorithmic Game Theory (with an emphasis on Network Games), Design and Analysis of Algorithms for Discrete Optimization Problems (with an emphasis on approximation algorithms for NP-hard problems)
- 2014- Professor, Academy of Mathematics & Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 2016- Professor, School of Mathematical Sciences, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 2009-2014: Associate Professor, Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, CAS
- 2006-2008: Assistant Professor, Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, CAS
- 2004-2006: Postdoctor, Institute of Applied Mathematics, CAS, Working with Prof. Xiaodong Hu
- Mar 2012 -May 2012: New Brunswick University, Canada, Visiting Associate Professor
- Oct 2010 - Nov 2010: Max-Planck Institute for Informatic，Germany, Visiting Associate Professor
- Sep 2007- May 2008: Louisiana State University，USA, Visiting Assistant Professor
- Mar 2007 - Jun 2007: Hong Kong University, China, Research Visitor
- Mar 2006 - Aug 2006: Warwick University, UK, Visiting Fellow
Xujin Chen, Guoli Ding, Wenan Zang, Qiulan Zhao, Ranking tournaments with no errors II: Minimax relation, Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B 142 (2020) 244-275.
Xujin Chen, Guoli Ding, Wenan Zang, Qiulan Zhao, Ranking tournaments with no errors I: Structural description, Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B 141 (2020) 264-294.
Xujin Chen, Wenan Zang, Qiulan Zhao, Densities, matchings, and fractional edge-colorings, SIAM Journal on Optimization 29 (2019) 240-261.
Xujin Chen, Xiaodong Hu, Changjun Wang, Finding connected k-subgraphs with high density, Information and Computation 256 (2017) 160-173.
Qin Chen, Xujin Chen, Wenan Zang, A polyhedral description of kernels, Mathematics of Operations Research 41 (2016) 969-990.
Xujin Chen, Zhuo Diao, Xiaodong Hu, Network characterizations for excluding Braess's paradox, Theory of Computing Systems 59 (2016), 747-780.
Xujin Chen, Donglei Du, Luis F. Zuluaga, Copula-based randomized mechanisms for truthful scheduling on two unrelated machines, Theory of Computing Systems 57 (2015) 753-781.
Xujin Chen, Benjamin Doerr, Carola Doerr, Xiaodong Hu, Weidong Ma, Rob van Stee, The Price of Anarchy for Selfish Ring Routing is Two, ACM Transactions on Economics and Comput. 2 (2014) Article 8.
- Xujin Chen, Xiaodong Hu, Weidong Ma, Changjun Wang, Reducing price of anarchy of selfish task allocation with more selfishness,Theoretical Computer Science 507 (2013) 17-33.
- Xujin Chen, Leah Epstein, Elena Kleiman, Rob van Stee, Maximizing the minimum load: The cost of selfishness. Theoretical Computer Science 482 (2013) 9-19.
- Xujin Chen, Guoli Ding, Xiaodong Hu, Wenan Zang, The maximum-weight stable matching problem: duality and efficiency, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 16 (2012) 1046-1060.
- Xujin Chen, Zhibin Chen, Wenan Zang, Total dual integrality in some facility location problems, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 16 (2012) 1022-1030. (SJDM 2013 top 20 most read articles)
- Xujin Chen, Guoli Ding, Xingxing Yu, Wenan Zang, Bonds with paritty constraints, Journal of Combinatorial Thoery, Series B 102 (2012) 588-609.
- Xujin Chen, Zhibin Chen, Wanan Zang, A unified approach to box-Mengerian hypergraphs, Mathematics of Operations Research 35 (2010) 655-668. (Research Output Prize 2010-2011, HKU)
- Xujin Chen, Bo Chen, Approximation algorithms for soft-capacitated facility location in capacitated network design, Algorithmica 53 (2009) 263-297.
- Xujin Chen, Guoli Ding, Wanan Zang, The box-TDI system associated 2-edge-connected spanning subgraphs, Discrete Applied Mathematics 157 (2009) 118-125.
- Xujin Chen, Jie Hu, Xiaodong Hu, A polynomial solvable minimum risk spanning tree problem with interval data, European Journal of Operational Research 198 (2009) 43-46.
- Xujin Chen, Bo Chen, Cost-effective designs of fault-tolerant access networks in communication systems, Networks 53 (2009) 382-391.
- Xujin Chen, Jie Hu, Xiaodong Hu, A new model for the path planning with interval data, Computers & Operations Research 36 (2009) 1893-1899.
- Xujin Chen, Guoli Ding, Wanan Zang, A characterization of box-Mengerian matroid ports, Mathematics of Operations Research 33 (2008) 497-512.
- Xujin Chen, Xiaodong Hu, Wanan Zang, A min-max theorem on tournaments, SIAM Journal on Computing 37 (2007) 923-937.
- Xujin Chen, Guoli Ding, Xiaodong Hu, Wanan Zang, A min-max relation on packing feedback vertex sets, Mathematics of Operations Research 31 (2006) 777-788.
- Xujin Chen, Wanan Zang, An efficient algorithm for finding maximum cycle packing in reducible flow graphs, Algorithmica 44 (2006) 195-211.
- Xujin Chen, Xiaodong Hu, Tianping Shuai, Inapproximability and approximability of maximal tree routing and coloring, Journal of Combinatorial Optimization 11 (2006) 219-229.
- Xujin Chen, Zhiquan Hu, Wanan Zang, Perfect circular arc coloring, Journal of Combinatorial Optimization 9 (2005) 267-280.
- Xujin Chen, Xiaodong Hu, Wenan Zang, Dual integrality in combinatorial optimization, in Handbook of Combinatorial Optimization (P. M. Pardalos, D.-Z. Du, R. Graham, Eds.), 2nd Edition, Springer, 2013.
Xujin Chen, Zhuo Diao, Xiaodong Hu, Zhongzheng Tang, Sufficient conditions for Tuza's conjecture on packing and covering triangles, Proceedings of the 27th International Workshop on Combinatorial Algorithms (IWOCA), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 9843 (2016), 266-277
Xujin Chen, Zhuo Diao, Xiaodong Hu, Excluding Braess's paradox in nonatomic selfish routing, Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory (SAGT), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 9347 (2015) 219-230
Xujin Chen, Changjun Wang, Approximability of the Minimum Weighted Doubly Resolving Set Problem, Proceedings of the 20th International Computing and Combinatorics Conference (COCOON), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8591 (2014) 357-368. (full version at arXiv)
- Zhigang Cao, Xujin Chen, Changjun Wang, How to Schedule the Marketing of Products with Negative Externalities, Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Computing and Combinatorics (COCOON), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 7936 (2013) 122-133.
- Xujin Chen, Benjamin Doerr, Xiaodong Hu, Weidong Ma, Rob van Stee, Carola Winzen, The Price of Anarchy for Selfish Ring Routing is Two, Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Internet and Network Economics (WINE), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 7695 (2012), 420-433.
- Xujin Chen, Xiaodong Hu,Weidong Ma, Changjun Wang, Efficiency of dual equilibria in selfish task allocation to selfish machines, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications (COCOA), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 7402 (2012), 312-323. (Best Paper Award)
- Xujin Chen, Xiaodong Hu, Jianming Zhu, Minimum data aggregation time problem in wireless sensor networks, Proceedings of the 1st International Conferences on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3794 (2005), 133-142.
A full list can be found in my CV.
- Densities, Matchings, and Fractional Edge-Colorings, The 8th International Congress of Chinese Mathematicians (ICCM 2019), Beijing, China, June 6-9, 2019. (invited)
- Network Games of Dynamic Flows, The 8th National Conference on Combinatorics and Graph Theory, Hefei, China, August 24 – 26, 2018. (plenary)
- Sucient Conditions for Tuza's Conjecture on Packing and Covering Triangles, 2016 International Conference on Graph Theory, Combinatorics and their Applications, Jinhua, China, October 28-31, 2016.(invited)
- Schedules for Marketing Products with Negative Externalities, 20th Conference of the International Federation of Operational Reseach Societies (IFORS 2014), Barcelona, Spain, July 13-18, 2014.
- Maximizing the Minimum Load: The Cost of Selfishness, International Workshop on Mathematical Methods for Chip Design Automation, Fuzhou, China, March 14-16, 2014.
- Social Network Marketing for Products with Negative Externalities, Workshop on Random Graphs and Complex Networks, Shanghai, China, November 16-17, 2013. (invited)
- Copula-based Randomized Mechanisms for Truthful Scheduling on Two Unrelated Machines (slides), The 6th International Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory (SAGT 2013), Aachen, Germany, October 21-23, 2013.
- The Price of Anarchy for Selfish Routing with Egalitarian Objectives, Workshop on Networks and Collective Behaviour: Analysis and Applications, Beijing, China, September 23-24, 2013. (invited)
- A Polyhedral Description of Kernels, The 5th International Symposium on Graph Theory and Combinatorial Algorithms, Tongliao, China, July 12-14, 2013. (invited)
- The Price of Anarchy for Selfish Ring Routing is Two, The 7th Cross-strait Conference on Graph Theory and Combinatorics, Changsha, China, June 27 - 30, 2013. (invited)
- Reducing Price of Anarchy of Selfish Load Balancing with More Selfishness, The 6th Annual Meeting of Asian Association for Algorithms and Computation (AAAC 2013), Matsushima, Japan, April 19-21, 2013. (long talk)
- Total Dual integrality in Some Facility Location Problems, 2013 National Conference on Graph Theory and Applications, Tianjin, March 30-31, 2013. (invited)
- Minimal Edge-Cuts with Parity Constraints (slides), The 5th National Conference on Combinatorics and Graph Theory, Luoyang, July 16-18, 2012 (invited)
- Stability vs Optimality in Atomic Selfish Routing for Egalitarian Objectives, The 9th National Confrerence on Mathemtical Programming,Hangzhou, April 20-24, 2012. (plenary)
- Bonds with Parity Constraints (slides), 2011 Workshop on Graph Theory and Combinatorial Optimization, Shanghai, October 29-31, 2011. (invited)
- A Unified Aprroach to Box-Mengerian Hypergraphs, 2011 Symposium on Frontiers of Optimization, Tianjin, October 15-17, 2011. (invited)
- The Dual Integrality of Maximum-weight Stable Matching, The 6th Cross-strait Conference on Graph Theory and Combinatorics，Taiwan, June 25 - July 2, 2011. (invited)
- The Maximum-weight Stable Matching Problem, The 29th Colloquium on Combinatorics, Saarbruecken, Germany, November 12 -13, 2010.
- Balancing Ring Load with Small Coalitions, The Sino-German Workshop on Algorithm Engineering, Shanghai, China, August 28-September 1, 2010. (invited)
- Selfish Routing in Bottleneck Congestion Games, The 3rd Sino-German Frontiers of Science Symposium, Qingdao, China, May 21-23, 2010. (invited)
- Atomic Network Routing on Ring Infrastructure, China-Germany Conference on Mathematics and Industry, Beijing, China, March 15-18, 2010. (invited)
- Good Nash Equilibria in Selfish Ring Routing, The 2nd Annual Meeting of Asian Association for Algorithms and Computation(AAAC 2009), Hangzhou, China, April 11-12, 2009. (long talk)
- Packing Feedback Vertex Sets in Tournaments, The 21st Cumberland Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Computing, Nashville, Tennessee, USA, May 15-17, 2008.
- An Excluded Minor Characterization of Box-Mengerian Matroid Ports, AMS Southeastern Meeting, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, March 28-30, 2008.
- A Min-Max Relation on Packing Feedback Vertex Sets in Undirected Graphs, The 16th International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (ISAAC 2005)，Shanya, China, December 19 -21, 2005.
- Routing and Coloring for Maximal Number of Trees, The 11th Annual International Computing and Combinatorics Conference (COCOON 2005), Kunming, China, August 16-19, 2005.
- Key Research Program of Frontier Sciences of CAS (No. ZDBS-LY-7008), 2019-2024.
- Major Project on New Generation of Artificial Intelligence from the Ministry of Science and Technology of China (No. 2018AAA0101002), 2019-2022.
- Excellent Yong Scientists Fund of NSFC (No. 11222109), 2013 – 2015.
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant (No. 10771209), Principle Investigator, 2008–2010.
- China Postdoctoral Grant of Grade B, Principle Investigator, 2005 – 2006.
- Associate Editor for Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, since 2013
- On editor board of
- Journal of Systems Science and Mathematical Science (Chinese Series), since 2014
- Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica (Chinese Series), since 2017
- Program Co-Chair of WINE 2020 (The 16th Conference on Web and Internet Economics)
- On Program Committees of
- AAIM 2020 (The 14th International Conference on Algorithmic Aspects in Information and Management)
- FAW 2019 (The 13th International Frontiers of Algorithmics Workshop)
- WAOA 2018 (The 16th Workshop on Approximation and Online Algorithms)
- SAGT 2018 (The 11th International Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory)
- COCOA 2017 (The 11th Annual International Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications), COCOA2016, COCOA2015, COCOA2014, COCOA2011
- ECCO 2017 (Joint EURO/ORSC/ECCO Conference 2017 on Combinatorial Optimization)
- SoCCA 2016 (Special Session on Computational Complexity and Algorithms at CIIS Conference 2016)
- SocInfo 2015 (The 7th International Conference on Social Informatics);