I am a nucler theorists studying
the properties of quark-gluon matter that once filled the early universe
the origin of mass and spin of visible matter
the universal behaviors of many-body systems, including macroscopic quantum and topological phenonmena.
My publication list can be found at inSPIRES .
Oct, 2021 – “Spin polarization induced by shear flow”, by Phys.org (also news.sciencenet.cn). (https://phys.org/news/2021-10-polarization.html)
Apr, 2017 – “The Roadmap to Quark Soup”, in “Science Highlights” published by U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science. (https://science.energy.gov/np/highlights/2017/np-2017-04-b/).
Some of my scientific presentations can be found on Youtube.
- Seminar at Berkeley National Lab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uOaBulnpo&t=2s
- tMunu theory seminar in Europe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pd9i_ZB14U&t=10s
2019-present: scientist at Quark Matter Research Center, Institute of Modern PHysics (Lanzhou), Chinese Academy of Sciences
2016-2019: Postdoc at the Center for Theoretical Physics at MIT
2014-2016： Postdoc at Brookhaven National Lab
Since Nov. 2011, I have written 35 scientific research papers, 1 collaboration publication and 15 refereed conference proceedings in the broad area of theoretical high energy nuclear physics (https://inspirehep.net/literature?sort=mostrecent&size=25&page=1&q=exactauthor%3AYi.Yin.1):
– Physical Review Letters: 7 papers with 2 selected as editors’ suggestion
– Physics Letter B: 2 paper
– Physics Review C: 7 papers with 1 accepted as rapid communication and editors’ suggestion
– Physics Review D: 8 papers
– Journal of High Energy Physics: 7 papers
– Chinese Physics C: 1 paper.
– Posted in arXiv: 4 papers
These papers have accumulated (as of Nov. 2021) a total citation of 1800+ (the average citation per journal publication is 50+) and an H-index of 23 (according to inSPIRE).
- Baochi Fu,Shuai Liu, LongGang Pang, Huichao Song and Yi Yin , “Shear-Induced Spin Polarization in Heavy-Ion Collisions”, [arXiv:2103.10403], Phys. Rev. Lett. 127 (2021) 14, 142301.
F. E’ Dramo, K. Rajagopal, and Yi Yin , “Moli`ere Scattering in Quark-Gluon Plasma: Finding Point-Like Scatterers in a Liquid”, [arXiv:1808.03250], JHEP 01 (2019) 172.
M. Stephanov and Yi Yin , “Hydro+: hydrodynamics with parametric slowing down and fluctuations near the critical point”, [arXiv:1712.10305 ] Phys. Rev. D 98 (2018) 036006
S. Mukherjee, R. Venugopalan, Yi Yin , , Universal off-equilibrium scaling of critical cumulants in the QCD phase diagram, Phys. Rev. Lett. 117 (2016) 222301, (selected as editors’ suggestion) [arXiv:1605.09341] .
K. Hattori and Yi Yin , Charge redistribution from anomalous magneto-vorticity coupling, Phys. Rev. Lett. 117 (2016) 152002, [arXiv:1607.01513 ]
M. Stephanov and Yi Yin , Chiral Kinetic Theory, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109 (2012) 162001, [arXiv:1207.0747].
Referee (since 2013) for: Physical Review Letter, Physics Review C, Physics Review D, Physics Letter B, Nuclear Physics B, Journal of High Energy Physics, Annals of Physics, Chinese Physics C and European Physical Journal C.
– 9th Huada QCD summer school, CCNU (Oct. 11-15)
– 14th workshop on QCD phase transition and relativistic heavy-ion physics, Guiyang (LOC, July 26-30)
– BESII seminar series (Fall, 2021-present),
– BESTea seminar series (Spring, 2021-present)
– HEPNIC online seminar series, (Summer , 2020-present)
– QCD Theory Seminar in Aisa triangle, (Spring. 2020-present)
– Particle/Nuclear Theory Seminar at Center for Theoretical Physics, MIT (Fall, 2017 -Fall, 2018).
– Nuclear Theory Seminar at Brookhaven National Laboratory (Fall, 2015 - Fall, 2016).
– Equation of state and Fluctuation Working Group of Beam Energy Scan Theory Collaboration (Fall, 2018 -20)
• Graduate and Postdoctoral Advisees:
– Jasmine Brewer (was a graduate at MIT, now postdoc fellow at CERN)
– Bruno Hitschfeld (graduate at MIT)
– Maneesha Pradeep (graduate at U. Illinois at Chicago)
– Lipei Du (was a graduate at Ohio State University, now postdoc at McGill U.)
– Liu Shuai (Postdoc at IMP)
– Weiyao Ke (was postdoc at UC Berkeley, now Director’s fellow at Los Alamos National Lab)
– Noriyuke Sogabe (Postdoc at IMP)