petroleum geophysical exploration and petroleum geology.
Professor Guangding Liu ,born in Beijing 1929, studied in the Department of Physics at Beijing University from 1948 to 1952. From 1952 to 1964 he worked in the Department of Geophysical Exploration, Beijing College of Geology. From 1964 to 1970 he was the director of Geophysical Lab, Institute of Marine Geology, Ministry of Geology. From 1970 to 1973 he was the technical chief, the 2nd Brigade of Marine Geology, Ministry of Geology. From 1980 to 1989 he was the deputy director, Bureau of Marine Geology/ Bureau of Petroleum Geology and Marine Geology, Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resources(MGMR). From 1989 to 1993 he was the director, Institute of Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. In 1980, he was elected as an Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
1． Liu Guang-Ding. Developing earth exploration technology in three dimensions, improving the performance of instruments for geosciences. Chinese Journal Geophysics, 2013,56(11): 3607-3609, doi: 10.6038/cjg20131101.
1． Liu Guang-Ding. Exploration and sustainable development of oil and gas resources in China. CAS Bulletin, 2012,27(3): 326-331, doi: 10.3969/j.issn.1000-3045.2012.03.010.
1． Liu Guang-ding, Yang Chang-chun, Hao Tian-yao, et al., Oil and gas resources in China: A roadmap to 2050. Springer Heidelberg, Science Press Beijing, 2011.
2． Liu Guang-ding, Chen Jie. On China's oil and gas "MDO strategy". Progress in Geophysics, 2011, 26(1): 1-20, doi: 10.3969/j.issn.1004-2903.2011.01.001.
3． Liu Guang-ding, Chen Jie. Marine Geophysical Applications in the field of National Security. Progress in Geophysics, 2011, 26(6): 1885-1896, doi: 10.3969/j.issn.1004-2903.2011.06.001.
4． Liu Guang-Ding. Congratulate the new great achievements of Daqing Oil Field on oil and gas exploration. Chinese J. Geophys. 2011,54(2): 267-268.
5． Liu Guang-ding, Chen Jie. On geophysical monitoring of China Sea. Progress in Geophysics, 2011, 26(2): 389-397, doi: 10.3969/j.issn.1004-2903.2011.02.001.
6． Liu Guang-Ding. Intensify the research on continental margin of South China Sea. Chinese J. Geophys. 2011,54(12): 2991-2992, doi: 10.3969/j.issn.0001-5733.2011.12.001.
1． Liu Guang-ding, Yang Chang-chun, Hao Tian-yao, et al., Oil and gas resources in China: A roadmap to 2050. Science Press Beijing (in Chinese), 2011.
2． Liu Guang-ding, Wang Zhen-li. Exploitation geophysics——Combined practice of Liaohe oilfield development and geophysics. Progress in Geophysics, 2010,25(1):1-3, doi: 10.3969/j.issn.1004-2903.2010.01.001.
1． Liu Guang-ding. Geophysical fields and hydrocarbon resources of China seas. Progress in Geophysics, 2007, 22(4): 1229-1237.
2． Liu Guang-ding. Geodynamical evolution and tectonic framework of China. Earth Science Frontiers, 2007,14(3) : 39-46.
3. Liu Guang-ding, Chen Jie. Construct China seas adhering to idea of scientific development. Progress in Geophysics, 2007, 22(3): 616-666.
Honors & Distinctions
- 1982, Geological structures and hydrocarbon research in China Seas, the National Natural Science Award, Second prize, The first author.
- 1992, Zhu Kezhen Field Work Award.
- 1993, Geological and Geophysical Research in China Seas and Adjacent Regions, Ministry of Geology and Mineral Technology Award, First prize, The first author.
- 1993, Li Siguang Geological Science Honor Award.
- 1995, Geological and geophysical series maps in China Seas and Adjacent Regions and monograph: (1) Series maps (1:5M), (2) Atlas (1:10M), (3) The characteristics of geological and geophysical of China Seas, the National Natural Science Award, Second prize, The first author.
- 1997, He Liang He Li（HLHL）Science and Technology Progress Award.
- 1998, Several critical theory and technology of gold ore beneficiation applied research, National Science and Technology Progress Award.
- 2010, 2010 Lifetime Achievement Award, Chinese Scientific.