Rong WANG, PhD, Associate Professor
Address: No. 99 Xuelin Road, Cixi, Ningbo, Zhejiang, PR China
Biomedical Polymers, Hydrogels, Antimicrobial Materials, Surface Modification
2009-08--2015-06 National University of Singapore, PhD
2005-09--2009-06 Zhejiang University of Technology, BSc
2019-09~ Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology & Engineering, Group Leader of Biomedical Polymer Lab
2018-01~ Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology & Engineering, Associate Professor
2017-01~2017-12 ACI Medical Pte Ltd, Singapore, R&D Manager
2015-07~2017-12 National University of Singapore, Visiting Scholar
2015-03~2016-12 ACI Medical Pte Ltd, Singapore, Research Engineer
2014-10~2015-02 National University of Singapore, Research Associate
9. Fang K, Wang R*, Zhang H, Zhou L, Xu T, Xiao Y, Zhou Y, Gao G, Chen J, Liu L*, Ai F, Fu J*, Mechano-responsive, tough, and antibacterial zwitterionic hydrogels with controllable drug release for wound healing applications, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2020, 12, 52307–52318.
8. Zhang H, Cong Y, Osi A R, Zhou Y, Huang F, Zaccaria R P, Chen J, Wang R, Fu J*, Direct 3D Printed Biomimetic Scaffolds Based on Hydrogel Microparticles for Cell Spheroid Growth, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2020, 30, 1910573.
7. Sun P, Zhang H, Xu D, Wang Z, Wang L, Gao G, Hossain G, Wu J*, Wang R*, Fu J*. Super Tough Bilayer Actuators Based on Multi-Responsive Hydrogels Crosslinked by Functional Triblock Copolymer Micelle Macro-Crosslinkers. J. Mater. Chem. B 2019, 7, 2619-2625.
6. Xu D, Xu T, Gao G, Xiao Y, Wang Z, Chen J, Zhou Y, Wang R*, Yin J*, Fu J*. Effect of solvent–matrix interactions on structures and mechanical properties of micelle‐crosslinked gels. J. Polym. Sci. Part B: Polym. Phys. 2019, 57, 473-483.
5. Wang R, Chua KL*, Neoh KG*. Bifunctional coating with sustained release of 4-amide-piperidine-C12 for long-term prevention of biofilm formation on silicone. ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng. 2015, 1, 405-415.
4. Wang R, Neoh KG*, Kang ET, Tambyah PA, Chiong E. Antifouling coating with controlled and sustained silver release for long-term inhibition of infection and encrustation in urinary catheters. J. Biomed. Mater. Res. B Appl. Biomater. 2015, 103, 519-528.
3. Wang R, Neoh KG*, Kang ET. Integration of antifouling and bactericidal moieties for optimizing the efficacy of antibacterial coatings. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2015, 438, 138-148.
2. Neoh KG, Wang R, Kang ET. “Surface nano engineering for combating biomaterials infections” in Biomaterials and medical device-associated infections, editors: Lara Barnes and Ian Cooper, Chapter 7, Woodhead Publishing UK. 2014. (Book Chapter)
1. Wang R, Neoh KG*, Shi ZL, Kang ET, Tambyah PA, Chiong E. Inhibition of Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis adhesion and biofilm formation on medical grade silicone surface. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2012, 109, 336-345.
1 PCT patent, 1 patent in Singapore (granted), 1 patent in China (granted), 6 patents in China (Pending)
1. Youth Innovation Promotion Association of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2021.01-2024.12, PI
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China (International Cooperation and Exchanges), 2020.04-2022.03, PI
3. National Key Research & Development Program of China (Intergovernmental International Cooperation on S&T Innovation), 2018YFE0119400, 2020.01-2021.12, PI
4. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 51803229, 2019.01-2022.12, PI
5. S&T Innovation 2025 Major Special Program of Ningbo, 2018B10040, 2018.07-2022.12, Co-PI
6. "Chunlei" Talent Program of CNITECH, CAS, 2018.01-2022.01, PI