Contact: Xiangnan Li, Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shengbei RD 4888, Changchun 130102, China.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: (+86) 135 0431 2017;
Birthday: 5 Mar 1987;
My current work focuses on the molecular and physiological responses of wheat plants to temperature and water stresses and their interactions with elevated CO2. My objectives are to explore practical approaches to improve stress tolerance and clarify their mechanisms in wheat. Also, I have taken part in projects related to analysis of the genotypic, environmental and management effects on grain quality.
Ph.D. in Crop ecophysiology
Nanjing Agricultural University, China
B.S. in Agronomy
Nanjing Agricultural University, China
Post-doc research fellow
Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
University of Copenhagen, Denmark
University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Peer-reviewed SCI-journal publications (# co-first author, * correspondence author)
1. Li S, Li X*, Wei Z, Liu F*, ABA-mediated modulation of elevated CO2 on stomatal response to drought, Current Opinion in Plant Biology, 2020, doi.org/10.1016/j.pbi.2019.12.002.
2. Li H, Liu S*, Guo J, Liu F, Song F, Li X*, Effect of the transgenerational exposure to elevated CO2 on low temperature tolerance of winter wheat: Chloroplast ultrastructure and carbohydrate metabolism, Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2020, accepted.
3. Zhu X*, Yang W, Sun L, Song F, Li X*, Anthropogenic land use changes diversity and structure of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal communities at hundred-metre scale in northeast China, Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, 2020, doi.org/10.1080/03650340.2020.1757660.
4. Sun L, Song F*, Liu S, Zhu X, Li X*, Nano-ZnO alleviates drought stress via modulating the plant water use and carbohydrate metabolism in maize, Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, 2020, DOI:10.1080/03650340.2020.1723003.
5. Wang Z, Li H, Li X*, Xin C, Si J, Li S, Li Y, Zheng X, Li H, Wei X, Zhang Z, Kong L, Wang F*, Nano-ZnO priming induces salt tolerance by driving antioxidant system to protect photosynthetic carbon assimilation in wheat, Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, 2020, 66, 1259-1273.
6. Li S, Yang W, Guo J, Li X, Lin J*, Zhu X*, Changes in photosynthesis and respiratory metabolism of maize seedlings growing under low temperature stress may be regulated by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 2020, 154, 1-10.
7. Sun L, Song F*, Guo J, Zhu X, Liu S, Liu F, Li X*, Nano-ZnO induced drought tolerance is associated with melatonin synthesis and metabolism in maize, International Journal of Molecular Science, 2020, 21, 782.
8. Li H, Li H, Lv Y*, Wang Y, Wang Z, Xin C, Liu S, Zhu X, Liu F, Li X*, Salt priming protects photosynthetic electron transport against low temperature stress induced damage in wheat, Sensors, 2020, 20, 62.
9. Zheng B, Fang Q, Zhang C, Hemat M, Zhou Q*, Li W, Li X, Cai J, Wang X, Zhong Y, Huang M, Cao W, Dai T, Jiang D*, Reducing nitrogen rate and increasing plant density benefit processing quality by modifying the spatial distribution of protein bodies and gluten proteins in endosperm of a soft wheat cultivar, Field Crop Research, 2020, doi: 10.3389/fpls.2018.00445
10. Zhou R*, Yu X, Li X, Mandanha dos Santos T, Rosenqvist E, Ottosen C, Combined high light and heat stress induced complex response in tomato with better leaf cooling after heat priming, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 2020, 151, 1-9.
11. Wei Z, Fang L, Li X, Liu J, Liu F*, Effects of CO2 elevation on the response of leaf gas exchange to progressive drought in barley and tomato plants with different endogenous ABA levels, Plant and Soil, 2020, 447, 431-446.
12. Zhu X*, Yang W, Song F, Li X, Diversity and composition of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal communities in the cropland black soils of China, Global Ecology and Conservation, 2020, 22, e00964.
13. Li X*, Khan A, Shokat S, Liu S, Zhu X, Liu F*, Responses of carbohydrate metabolism enzymes in leaf and spike to CO2 elevation and nitrogen fertilization and their relations to grain yield in wheat, Environmental and Experimental Botany, 2019, 164, 149-156.
14. Li X*, Khan A, Lv Z, Fang L, Jiang D, Liu F*, Effect of multigenerational exposure to elevated atmospheric CO2 concentration on grain quality in wheat, Environmental and Experimental Botany, 2019, 157, 310-319.
15. Li X*, Kristiansen K, Rosenqvist E, Liu F*, Elevated CO2 modulates the effects of drought and heat stress on plant water relations and grain yield in wheat, 2019, Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2019, 205, 362-371.
16. Li X*, Li Y, Zhu X, Liu S, Liu F*, Modulation of photosynthate supply by CO2 elevation affects the post-head-emergence frost induced grain yield loss in wheat, Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2019, 205, 54-64.
17. Zuo Z, Guo J, Xin C, Liu S, Mao H, Wang Y, Li X*, Salt acclimation induced salt tolerance in wild-type and abscisic acid-deficient mutant barley, Plant Soil and Environment, 2019, 65, 516-521.
18. Fang L, Abdelhakim LOA, Hegelund JN, Li S, Liu J, Peng X, Li X, Wei Z, Liu F*, ABA-modulated regulation of leaf and root hydraulic conductance in tomato grown at elevated CO2 is associated with altered gene expression of aquaporins, Horticulture Research, 2019, 6, 104.
19. Liu H, Song F, Liu S, Li X, Liu F, Zhu X*, Arbuscular mycorrhiza improves nitrogen use efficiency in soybean grown under partial root-zone drying irrigation, Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, 2019, 65, 269-279.
20. Zhu X, Song F, Liu S, Liu F, Li X*, Arbuscular mycorrhiza enhances nutrient accumulation in wheat exposed to elevated CO2 and soil salinity, Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science, 2018, 181, 836-846.
21. Zhu X, Sun L, Song F*, Liu S, Liu F, Li X*, Soil microbial community and activity are affected by integrated agricultural practices in China, European Journal of Soil Science, 2018, 69, 924-935.
22. Zhu X, Liu S, Sun L, Song F, Liu F, Li X*, Cold tolerance of photosynthetic electron transport system is enhanced in wheat plants grown under elevated CO2, Frontiers in Plant Science, 2018, 9, 933.
23. Sun L, Li X*, Wang Z, Sun Z, Zhu X, Liu S, Song F, Liu F, Wang Y*, Cold priming induced tolerance to subsequent low temperature stress is enhanced by melatonin application during recovery in wheat, Molecules, 2018, 23, 1091.
24. Liu S*, Li X, Zhu X, Song F*, Tensile properties of seminal and nodal roots and their relationship with the root diameter and planting density of maize (Zea mays), Crop and Pasture Science, 2018, 69, 717-723.
25. Wei Z, Du T*, Li X, Fang L, Liu F*, Interactive effects of CO2 concentration elevation and nitrogen fertilization on water and nitrogen use efficiency of tomato grown under reduced irrigation regimes, Agricultural Water Management, 2018, 202, 174-182.
26. Wei Z, Du T*, Li X, Fang L, Liu F*, Simulation of stomatal conductance and water use efﬁciency of tomato leaves exposed to different irrigation regimes and air CO2 concentrations by a modified ‘Ball-Berry’ model, Frontiers in Plant Science, 2018, 9, 445.
27. Wei Z, Du T*, Li X, Fang L, Liu F*, Interactive effects of elevated CO2 and N fertilization on yield and quality of tomato grown under reduced irrigation regimes, Frontiers in Plant Science, 2018, 9, 328.
28. Brestic M*, Zivcak M, Olsovska K, Hauptvogel P, Landjeva S, Kocheva K, Yang X, Li X, Allakhverdiev S*, Wheat plant selection for high yields entailed improvement of leaf anatomical and biochemical traits including tolerance to non-optimal temperature conditions, Photosynthesis Research, 2018, 136, 245-255. (ESI Top 1% highly citied paper)
29. Li X*, Brestic M, Tan D, Zivcak M, Zhu X, Liu S, Song F, Reiter RJ, Liu F*, Melatonin alleviates low PS I limited carbon assimilation under elevated CO2 and enhances the cold tolerance of offsprings in chlorophyll b-deficient mutant wheat, Journal of Pineal Research, 2018, 64, e12453. (ESI Top 1% highly citied paper)
30. Wang F, Liu Y*, Li X, Liu F*, Effects of biochar amendment, CO2 elevation and drought on leaf gas exchange, biomass production and water use efficiency in maize, Pakistan Journal of Botany, 2018, 50, 1347-1353.
31. Sun Z, Liu S, Fan J, Li Q, Wang K, Guo M, Zhang G, Ren L, Zheng G, Ma T, Pu H, Cai J, Jiang D, Chen F*, Li X*, Performance index derived from chlorophyll a fluorescence induction curve indicates the salt induced grain yield loss in wheat, Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 2018, 28, 837-844.
32. Liu S*, Song F, Li X, Wang Y, Zhu X, Effect of nitrogen application on nodal root characteristics and root lodging resistance in maize, Pakistan Journal of Botany, 2018, 50, 949-954.
33. Liu N, Song F, Zhu X*, You J, Yang Z*, Li X*, Salicylic acid alleviates aluminum toxicity in soybean roots through modulation of reactive oxygen species metabolism, Frontiers in Chemistry, 2017, 5, 96.
34. Zuo Z, Sun L, Wang T, Peng M, Zhu X, Liu S, Song F, Mao H, Li X*, Melatonin improves the photosynthetic carbon assimilation and antioxidant capacity in wheat exposed to nano-ZnO stress, Molecules, 2017, 22, 1543.
35. Zuo Z, Li X*, Xu C, Yang J, Sun L, Zhu X, Liu S, Song F, Liu F, Mao H*, Responses of barley Albina and Xantha mutants deficient in magnesium chelatase to soil salinity, Plant, Soil and Environment, 2017, 63, 348-354.
36. Wang Z, Li X*, Zhu X, Liu S, Song F, Liu F, Wang Y, Qi X, Wang F, Zuo Z, Duan P, Yang A, Cai J, Jiang D*, Salt acclimation induced salt tolerance is enhanced by abscisic acid priming in wheat, Plant, Soil and Environment, 2017, 63, 307-314.
37. Liu S, Li X*, Larsen DH, Zhu X, Song F, Liu F*, Drought priming at vegetative growth stage enhances nitrogen use efficiency under post-anthesis drought and heat stress in wheat, Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2017, 203, 29-40.
38. Toan HK#, Li X#, Bo Y, Zhou Q, Cai J*, Wang X, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Accumulation of high molecular weight glutenin subunits in superior and inferior grains of a winter wheat, Yangmai 158, Cereal Chemistry, 2017, 94, 508-512.
39. Li Y#, Li X#, Yu J, Liu F*, Effect of the transgenerational exposure to elevated CO2 on the drought response of winter wheat: Stomatal control and water use efficiency, Environmental and Experimental Botany, 2017, 136, 78-84.
40. Zhou Q, Li X, Yang J, Zhou L, Cai J*, Wang X, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D, Spatial distribution patterns of protein and starch in wheat grain affect baking quality of bread and biscuit, Journal of Cereal Science, 2017, 79, 362-369.
41. Yan F*, Li X, Liu F*, ABA signaling and stomatal control in tomato plants exposure to progressive soil drying under ambient and elevated atmospheric CO2 concentration, Environmental and Experimental Botany, 2017, 139, 99-104.
42. Liu S*, Wang Y*, Song F*, Qi X, Li X, Zhu X, Responses of leaf architecture traits and yield in maize to different row orientation and planting patterns in Northeast China, Romanian Agricultural Research, 34, 243-254.
43. Sun Z, Ren L, Fan J, Li Q, Wang K, Guo M, Wang L, Li J, Zhang G, Yang Z, Chen F, Li X*, Salt response of photosynthetic electron transport system in wheat cultivars with contrasting tolerance, Plant, Soil and Environment, 2016, 62, 515-521.
44. Li X, Tan D, Jiang D, Liu F*, Melatonin enhances cold tolerance in drought primed wild type and ABA-deficient mutant barley, Journal of Pineal Research, 2016, 61, 328-339. (ESI Top 1% highly citied paper)
45. Li X, Jiang D, Liu F*, Soil warming enhances the hidden shift of elemental stoichiometry by elevated CO2 in wheat, Scientific Reports, 2016, 6, 23313.
46. Li X, Zhou L, Liu F, Zhou Q*, Cai J, Wang X, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Variations in protein concentration and nitrogen sources in different positions of grain in wheat, Frontiers in Plant Science, 2016, 7, 942.
47. Li X, Jiang D, Liu F*, Dynamics of amino acid carbon and nitrogen and relations to grain protein in wheat under elevated CO2 and soil warming, Environmental and Experimental Botany, 2016, 132, 121-129.
48. Li X, Jiang D, Liu F*, Winter soil warming exacerbates the impacts of spring low temperature stress on wheat, Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2016, 202, 554-563.
49. Li X, Hao C, Zhong J, Liu F, Cai J, Wang X, Zhou Q*, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Mechano-stimulated modifications in chloroplast antioxidant system and proteome changes are associated with cold response in wheat, BMC Plant Biology, 2015, 15, 219.
50. Li X, Topbjerg H, Jiang D*, Liu F*, Drought priming at vegetative stage improves the antioxidant capacity and photosynthesis performance of wheat exposed to a short-term low temperature stress, Plant and Soil, 2015, 393, 307-318.
51. Li X, Cai J, Liu F, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Spring freeze effect on wheat yield is modulated by winter temperature fluctuations: Evidence from meta-analysis and simulating experiment, Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2015, 201, 288-300.
52. Li X, Cai J, Liu F, Zhou Q*, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Wheat plants exposed to winter warming are more susceptible to low temperature stress in the spring, Plant Growth Regulation, 2015, 77, 11-19.
53. Li X, Pu H, Liu F, Zhou Q*, Cai J, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Winter wheat photosynthesis and grain yield responses to spring freeze, Agronomy Journal, 2015, 107, 1002-1010.
54. Li X, Cai J, Liu F*, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Physiological, proteomic and transcriptional responses of wheat to combination of drought or waterlogging with late spring low temperature, Functional Plant Biology, 2014, 41, 690-703.
55. Li X, Cai J*, Liu F, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Cold priming drives the sub-cellular antioxidant systems to protect photosynthetic electron transport against subsequent low temperature stress in winter wheat, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 2014, 82, 34-43.
56. Li X, Cai J, Liu F*, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Exogenous ABA application during grain filling in winter wheat improves cold tolerance of offspring’s seedlings, Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2014, 200, 467-478.
57. Li X, Jiang H*, Liu F, Cai J, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Induction of chilling tolerance in wheat during germination and early seedling growth by pre-soaking seed with nitric oxide and gibberellin, Plant Growth Regulation, 2013, 71, 31-40.
58. Li X, Cai J, Li H, Bo Y, Liu F, Jiang D*, Dai T, Cao W, Effect of shading from jointing to maturity on high molecular weight glutenin subunit accumulation and glutenin macropolymer concentration in grain of winter wheat, Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2012, 198, 68-79.
59. Li X, Cai J, Liu F, Bo Y, Qi Z, Dai T, Cao W, Jiang D*, Variation in concentrations of high molecular weight glutenin subunits and macropolymers in wheat grains of a recombinant inbred lines population and in two contrasting eco-sites in China, Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2012, 92, 2188-2194.
1. Li X, Induction of cold tolerance by priming in wheat, 27-30 Jun 2019, 2rd International Conference on Plant Development: Systems Approach, Vienna Austra, Oral presentation.
2. Li X, Induction of cold tolerance by priming and stress memory in crops, 12-15 Sep 2018, 11th International conference Plant Functioning under environmental stress, Cracow, Poland, Invited plenary presentation.
3. Li X, Liu F, Warm winter reduces tolerance of winter wheat to late spring freeze stress-a case study in Eastern China, 17-21 Aug 2014, 10th International Plant Cold Hardiness Seminar, Poznań, Poland, Oral presentation.
4. Li X, Liu F, Winter soil warming increases the susceptibility of wheat plants to low temperature stress in spring, 29 Jun-1 Jul 2015, Plant Abiotic Stress Tolerance III, Vienna Austria, Abstract presentation.
5. Li X, Larsen DH, Liu F, Rosenqvist E, Physiological phenotyping of plant responses to post-anthesis drought and elevated CO2, 18-20 Apr 2016, 2nd general COST Meeting, Copenhagen, Denmark, Poster.
6. Li X, Induction of cold tolerance in wheat by priming and stress memory, 2-3 Mar 2017, 8th World Congress on Agriculture & Horticulture, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Oral presentation.
7. Li X, Effect of the transgenerational exposure to elevated CO2 on the drought response of winter wheat: stomatal control and water use efficiency, 26-28 Mar 2017, 2nd Agriculture and Climate Change Conference 2017, Sitges, Spain, Poster.
8. Li X, Liu F, Transgenerational exposure to elevated CO2 alternuates the impact of drought on wheat, 23-29 Jul 2017, XIX International Botanical Congress, Shenzhen, China, Oral presentation.
9. Li X, Li Y, Liu S, Zhu X, Song F, Liu F, Mutli-generational exposure to elevated [CO2] attenuates the effects of drought on wheat leaf growth and nitrogen uptake, 21-24 Aug 2017, International Plant Nutrition Colloquium, Copenhagen, Denmark, Poster.
李慧 博士研究生 071300-生态学