Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: 1068 Xueyuan Avenue, Shenzhen 518055, China
Soft bio-integrated electronics
Soft mechanical sensors for robotic skin
2014.08-2017.11 Ph.D. School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Advisors: Prof. Bo Liedberg and Prof. Xiaodong Chen.
2017.02-2017.05 Visiting Researcher, School of Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, USA. Advisor: Prof. Zhenan Bao.
2010.08-2012.07 M.S. in Thermal Physics, Harbin Institute of Technology, China. Advisors: Prof. Junming Zhao and Prof. Linhua Liu.
2005.08-2009.07 B.S. in Energy Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China.
2019.08- Professor, Neural Engineering Center, Chinese Academy of Science (Shenzhen).
2017.12-2019.08 Research Fellow. Nanyang Technological University. Cooperator: Prof. Xiaodong Chen.
2012.10-2014.06 Research Assistant, Biomedical Micro-Device Lab, Neural Engineering Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Shenzhen).
2009.08-2010.07 National Volunteer for 5.12 Earthquake Reconstruction, Sichuan Province, China.
1. Liu, Z. et al. “Highly Stable and Stretchable Conductive Films through Thermal Radiation-assisted Metal Encapsulation” Adv. Mater. 2019, 1901360.
2. Yan, X.#; Liu, Z.#; Zhang, Q.# et al. “Quadruple H-bonding Crosslinked Supramolecular Polymeric Materials as Substrates for Stretchable, Anti-Tearing, and Self-Healable Thin Film Electrodes” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 5280.
3. Liu, Z. et al. “3D-structured Stretchable Strain Sensors for Out-of-plane Force Detection” Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1707285.
5. Liu, Z. et al. "High-adhesion Stretchable Electrodes Based on Nanopile Interlocking" Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1603382.
6. Liu, Z. et al. "Thickness-gradient Films for High Gauge-factor Stretchable Strain Sensors" Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 6230.
Honors & Distinctions
Materials Research Society (USA) Graduate Student Award (Gold), 2018.
Research Excellence Award for the MSE Postgraduate Awards, 2018.
Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Ph.D. Student Abroad, 2017.
Materials Research Society Award (Singapore) Graduate Student Award, 2017.
1st Best Poster Award in International Symposium on Flexible and Stretchable Devices, 2017.
Ian Ferguson Postgraduate Fellowship, 2016.
Annual Outstanding Researcher in Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2014.
National Youth Volunteer, NO. XBJH-2009-25869, 2010.
1st place to be recommended for admission to Thermal Physics Institute in HIT, 2009.
1st Prize of National Mathematical Modeling Competition in Heilongjiang Province, 2007.
National Scholarship, 2005.