Prof. Dr. Jianhui Zhang, born in Sichuan, China in 1963, is supervising a number of Ph.D. and M.Sc. students. His training started from Sichuan Agricultural University, including a B.Sc. degree in Soil Science (1982), a M.Sc. degree in Soil Physics from Chengdu Branch, Chinese Academy of Sciences (1986) and a Ph.D. degree in Soil Erosion (2002) from Chengdu University of Technology. He was promoted to Associate Professor in 1996 and Professor in 2001.
Soil erosion; Soil and water conservation; Soil physics
Prof.Dr. Zhang has had over 100 publications. Representive publications are below:
1. Wang Y., Zhang J.H., Zhang Z.H., Jia L.Z., 2016. Impact of tillage erosion on water erosion in a hilly landscape. Science of the Total Environment. 551-552: 522-532.
2. Nie X.J., Zhang J.H., Cheng J.X. Gao H., Guan Z.M., 2016. Effect of soil redistribution on various organic carbons in a water- and tillage-eroded soil. Soil and Tillage Research. 155: 1-8.
3. Zhang J.H., Wang Y., Li F.C., 2015. Soil organic carbon and nitrogen losses due to soil erosion and cropping in a sloping terrace landscape. Soil Research. 53: 87-96.
4. Wang Y., Zhang J.H., Zhang Z.H., 2015. Influences of intensive tillage on water-stable aggregate distribution on a steep hillslope. Soil and Tillage Research. 151: 82-92.
5. Zhang J.H., Wang Y., Zhang Z.H., 2014. Effect of terrace forms on water and tillage erosion on a hilly landscape in the Yangtze River Basin, China. Geomorphology. 216: 114-124.
6. Zhang J.H., Li F.C., Wang Y., Xiong D.H., 2014. Soil organic carbon stock and distribution in cultivated land converted to grassland in a subtropical region of China. Environmental Management. 53: 274-283.
7. Zhang J.H., Li F.C., 2013. Soil redistribution and organic carbon accumulation under long-term (29 years) upslope tillage systems.Soil Use and Management. 29: 365-373.
8. Zhang J.H., Ni S.J., Su Z.A., 2012. Dual roles of tillage erosion in lateral SOC movement in the landscape. European Journal of Soil Science.63: 165-176.
9. Zhang J. H., 2011. Tillage erosion. In Jan Glinski, Jozef Horabik, and Jerzy Lipiec (eds.), Encyclopedia of Agrophysics. pp. 906-909. Springer.
10. Zhang J.H., Su Z.A., Nie X. J., 2009. An investigation of soil translocation and erosion by conservation hoeing tillage on steep lands using a magnetic tracer. Soil Tillage and Research. 105, 177-183.
11. Zhang J.H., Nie X. J., and Su Z.A., 2008. Soil profile properties in relation to soil redistribution by intense tillage on a steep hillslope. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 72 (6): 1767-1773.
12. Zhang J.H., Quine T.A., Ni S.J. and Ge F. L., 2006. Stocks and dynamics of SOC in relation to soil redistribution by water and tillage erosion. Global Change Biology. 12: 1834-1841.
1. 1. A magnetic tracer method of measuring tillage erosion rates. Application date: 2009-7-14; Authorization No.: ZL 2009 1 0059976.5
2. 2. A hoe of preventing soil erosion by tillage. Application No.: 200720082771.5; Authorization No.: ZL 200720082771.5
(1) Tillage erosion processes and impacts on soil biophysical processes in agricultural landcapes; (2) Soil-landscape processes and varibility in relation to soil erosion by tillage; (3) Soil erosion, carbon erosion and carbon dynamics on agricultural land.
葛方龙 02 19392
苏正安 02 19392
聂小军 01 19144
苏正安 01 19144
李富程 01 19144
樊红柱 01 19392
王勇 01 19392
张泽洪 01 19392
贾立志 01 19392
魏宇航 01 19392
何海燕 01 19392
Honors & Distinctions
2014 2nd prize for scientific and technologic progress (Award-granting department: Sichuan Provincial Government). Adsorption mechanism of heavy metals by macro-fungi and its application.
2009 Outstanding contribution award of the western China’s scholars, CAS-Wang Kuanchen