- Reservoir engineering (with the application of numerical simulation in geothermal energy);
- Isotopes in the water cycle (with applications in Hydrology, Hydrogeology and Hydro-meteorology);
- Response of water resources to climate change (statistical methods in the analysis of long term time series)
- Since Jan 2016, Associate Professor, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Feb 2014 - Jan 2016, Post-doctor, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Germany
- Jun 2013 - Jan 2016, Post-doctor, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Sep 2011 - Jun 2013, PhD student, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Sep 2008 - Jun 2011, Master student, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Sep 2004 - Jun 2008, Undergraduate student, Jilin University
- Kong, Y., Pang, Z., Pang, J., Luo, L., Luo, J., Shao, H. and Kolditz, O. (2015) Deep groundwater cycle in Xiongxian geothermal field, Proceedings World Geothermal Congress 2015, Melbourne, Australia, April, 19 -25.
- Li, J. Pang, Z., Froehlich, K., Huang, T., Kong, Y., Song, W. and Yun, H. (2015) Deep groundwater cycle in Xiongxian geothermal field groundwater in East Junggar Basin, Northwest China, Journal of Hydrology, 529, 650-661.
- Li, J., Tao. T., Pang, Z., Tan, M., Kong, Y., Duan, W. and Zhang, Y. (2015) Identification of Different Moisture Sources through Isotopic Monitoring during a Storm Event, Journal of Hydrometeorology, 16, 1918–1927.
- Chen, C., Börnick, H., Cai, Q., Dai, X., Jähnig, S., Kong Y., Krebs, P., Kuenzer, C., Kunst-mann, H., Liu, Y., Nixdorf, E., Pang, Z., Rode, M., Schueth, C., Song, Y., Yue, T., Zhou, K., Zhang, J. and Kolditz, O. (2015): Challenges and opportunities of German-Chinese cooperation in water science and technology. Environ Earth Sci., 73: 4861-4871.
- Kong, Y., Pang, Z., Shao, H., Hu, S. and Kolditz, O., (2014) Recent studies on hydrothermal systems in China: a review. Geothermal Energy, 2014, 2:19.
- Kong, Y. and Pang, Z. (2014) Statistical analysis of stream discharge in response to climate change for Urumqi river catchment, Tianshan Mountains, Central Asia, Quaternary International, 336, 44-51.
- Kong, Y., Pang, Z., Li, J. and Huang, T. (2014) Seasonal variations of water isotopes in the Kumalak River catchments, Western Tianshan Mountains, Central Asia, Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 23(1), 169-174, 2014.
- Kong, Y.* and Pang, Z. (2014) A comparative study of single factor method and multivariate statistical methods for surface water quality assessment, Water Policy, 16(1), 157 - 167, 2014.
- Kong, Y., Pang, Z. and Froehlich, K. (2013) Quantifying recycled moisture fraction in precipitation of an arid region using deuterium excess, Tellus 65B, 19251, doi: 10.3402/tellusb.v65i0.19251.
- Pang, Z., Yuan, L., Huang, T., Kong, Y., Liu, J. and Li, Y., (2013). Impacts of Human Activities on the Occurrence of Groundwater Nitrate in an Alluvial Plain: A Multiple Isotopic Tracers Approach, Journal of Earth Science, 24 (1), 111-124.
- Huang, T., Pang, Z., Chen, Y., Kong, Y. (2013) Groundwater circulation relative to water quality and vegetation in an arid transitional zone linking oasis, desert and river. Chinese Science Bulletin, 58 (25), 3088-3097.
- Pang, Z., Kong, Y., Li, Y. and Li, J., (2013) Water-Rock Interaction in CO2 Sequestration in a Depleted Oil Reservoir Pilot Test, Procedia Earth and Planetary Science 7, 656-659.
- Kong, Y. and Pang, Z., (2012) Evaluating the Sensitivity of Glacier Rivers to Climate Change based on Hydrograph Separation of Discharge, Journal of Hydrology, (434–435): 121–129.
- Pang, Z., Kong, Y., Froehlich, K., Huang, T., Yuan, L., Li, Z. and Wang, F. (2011) Processes affecting isotopes in precipitation of an arid region, Tellus, 63B, 352-359, doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.2011.00532.x.
- Kong, Y. and Pang, Z. (2011) Isotope hydrograph separation in alpine catchments: a review, Sciences in Cold and Arid Regions, 3(1): 0086-0091.