Address: 266 Fangzheng Avenue, Chongqing, China, 400714
Prof. Hong Liu performed his research on electrochemical technologies and principles for the treatment of high concentration organic wastewater. He developed the novel E-Fenton process with the reaction-controlled pH adjustment that free of chemical addition, established a dynamic model of reaction rate control steps in photocatalytic wastewater treatment, set up a pilot-scale demonstration base for landfill leachate treatment in Chongqing, and output a first BODQ measurement instrument in light of new principle and method. His research activity mainly including:
1. Transformation mechanism of typical toxic chemicals in aqueous system of the Three Gorges Reservoir
2. Development of the innovative advanced oxidation technologies for controlling of environmental micro-pollutants
3. Development and application of fast and accurate instrument for biodegradable organic matter determination
4. Demonstration and promotion of combined technology for landfill leachate treatment
1996-03--1999-07 Zhejiang University Ph. D
1993-09--1996-03 Zhejiang University Master degree
1989-09--1993-07 Southwest University Bachelor degree
2011-10~Now, Chongqing Institute of Green and Intelligent Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Professor
2009-01~2011-10, Sun Yat-sen University, Professor
2003-08~2008-12, Sun Yat-sen University, Associate Professor
2001-08~2003-07, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Postdoctor
1999-07~2001-07, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Postdoctor
1. Liu Y.; Tuo A.X.; Jin X.J; Li X.Z.; Liu H.* Quantifying biodegradable organic matter in polluted water on the basis of coulombic yield. Talanta 2018,176,485-491.
2. Liu Y.; Jin X.J; Tuo A.X.; Liu H.* Improved oxygen reduction reaction activity of three-dimensional porous N-doped graphene from a soft-template synthesis strategy in microbial fuel cells. RSC Adv. 2016, 6, 105211–105221.
4. He G.A.; Chen R.; Lu S.S.; Jiang C.C.; Liu H.*; Wang C. Dominating role of ionic strength in the sedimentation of nano-TiO2 in aquatic environments. J. Nanomater. 2015, Article ID 851928.
5. He G.A.; Chen R.; Lu S.S.; Jiang C.C.; Liu H.*; Wang C. Alternative assessment of nano-TiO2 sedimentation under different conditions based on sedimentation efficiency at quasi-stable state. J. Nanopart. Res. 2015, 17, 454.
6. Liu Y.; Jin X.J.; Dionysiou D.D.; Liu H.*; Huang Y.M.* Homogeneous deposition-assisted synthesis of iron-nitrogen composites on graphene as highly efficient non-precious metal electrocatalysts for microbial fuel cell power generation. J. Power Sources 2015, 278, 773-781.
7. Yu C.L.*; Zhou W.Q.; Liu H.*; Liu Y.; Dionysiou D.D. Design and fabrication of microsphere photocatalysts for environmental purification and energy conversion. Chem. Eng. J. 2016, 287, 117-129.
8. Wang Y.*; Liu Y.H.; Wang K.; Song S.Q.; Tsiakaras P.*; Liu H.* Preparation and characterization of a novel KOH activated graphite felt cathode for the electro-Fenton process. Appl. Catal. B-Environ. 2015, 165, 360-368.
9. Xie L.J.; Liu S.Q.; Han Z.B.; Jiang R.F.; Liu H.*; Zhu F.; Zeng F.; Su C.Y.; Ouyang G.F.* Preparation and characterization of metal-organic framework MIL-101(Cr)-coated solid-phase microextraction fiber. Anal. Chim. Acta. 2015, 853, 303-310.
10. Lei Y.M.; Liu H.*; Jiang C.C.; Shen Z.M.*; Wang W.H. A trickle bed electrochemical reactor for generation of hydrogen peroxide and degradation of an azo dye in water. J. Adv. Oxid. Technol. 2015, 18, 47-56.
11. Fang P.P.; Lu X.H.; Liu H.; Tong Y.X.* Applications of shell-isolated nanoparticles in surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy and fluorescence. TrAC Trend Anal. Chem. 2015, 66, 103-117.
12. Wang C.; Liu T.F.; Bu F.; Liu H.* Perchlorate removal using a minimized dosage of electrodeposited zero-valent iron. J. Environ. Eng.2015, 141, 1-6.
13. Liang C.L.; Huang S.C.; Zhao W.X.; Liu W.Y.; Chen J.; Liu H.*, Tong Y.X.* Polyhedral Fe3O4 nanoparticles for lithium ion storage. New J. Chem. 2015, 39, 2651-2656.
14. Chen M.J.; Liu C.S.*; Li F.B.; Zhai G.S.; Liu H.*; Liu C.P.; Yu Y.M. Correlations between soil geochemical properties and Fe(III) reduction suggest microbial reducibility of iron in different soils from Southern China. Catena 2014, 123, 176-187.
15. Wang C.; Liu H.*; Liu Y.; He G.A.; Jiang C.C. Comparative activity of TiO2 microspheres and P25 powder for organic degradation: Implicative importance of structural defects and organic adsorption. Appl. Surf. Sci. 2014, 319, 2-7.
16. Yu C.L.*; Wei L.F.; Zhou W.Q.; Chen J.C.; Fan Q.Z.; Liu H. * Enhancement of the visible light activity and stability of Ag2CO3 by formation of AgI/Ag2CO3 heterojunction. Appl. Surf. Sci. 2014, 319, 312-318.
17. Yu C.L.*; Zhou W.Q.; Yu C.J.; Liu H.*; Wei L.F. Design and fabrication of heterojunction photocatalysts for energy conversion and pollutant degradation. Chinese. J. Catal. 2014, 35, 1609-1618.
18. Wang Y.; Liu Y.H.; Liu T.F.; Song S.Q.; Gui X.C.; Liu H.* Tsiakaras P.* Dimethyl phthalate degradation at novel and efficient electro-Fenton cathode. Appl. Catal. B-Environ. 2014, 156-157, 1-7.
19. Liu H.; Cui K.Y.; Zeng F.*; Chen L.X.; Cheng Y.T.; Li H.R.; Li S.C.; Zhou X.; Zhu F.; Ouyang G.F.; Luan T.G.; Zeng Z.X. Occurrence and distribution of phthalate esters in riverine sediments from the Pearl River Delta region, South China. Mar. Pollut. Bull. 2014, 83, 358-365.
20. Fu F.L.*; Dionysiou D.D.; Liu H. The use of zero-valent iron for groundwater remediation and wastewater treatment: A review. J. Hazard. Mater. 2014, 267, 194-205.
21. Cai F.; Liu X.D.; Liu S.; Liu H.*; Huang Y.M.* A simple one-pot synthesis of highly fluorescent nitrogen-doped graphene quantum dots for the detection of Cr(VI) in aqueous media. RSC Adv. 2014, 4, 52016-52022.
22. Wang H.; Jiang H.; Wang S.; Shi W.B.; He J.C.; Liu H.*; Huang Y.M.* Fe3O4-MWCNT magnetic nanocomposites as efficient peroxidase mimic catalysts in a Fenton-like reaction for water purification without pH limitation. RSC Adv. 2014, 4, 45809-45815.
23. Xie J.X.; Zhang X.D.; Jiang H.; Wang S.; Liu H.*; Huang, Y.M.* V2O5 nanowires as a robust and efficient peroxidase mimic at high temperature in aqueous media. RSC Adv. 2014, 4, 26046-26049.
24. Xu J.Q.; He S.M.; Jiang R.F.*; Zhu F.; Ruan J.W.; Liu H.; Luan T.G.; Ouyang G.F.* Disposable solid-phase microextraction fiber coupled with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for complex matrix analysis. Anal. Methods 2014, 6, 4895-4900.
25. Xie L.J.; Jiang R. F.; Zhu F.; Liu H.; Ouyang G.F.* Application of functionalized magnetic nanoparticles in sample preparation. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 2014, 406, 377-399.
26. Zheng J.; Li S.Y.; Wang Y.; Li L.; Su C.Y.; Liu H.; Zhu F.; Jiang R.F.; Ouyang G.F.* In situ growth of IRMOF-3 combined with ionic liquids to prepare solid-phase microextraction fibers. Anal. Chim. Acta. 2014, 829, 22-27.
27. Ke Y.Y.; Zhu F.*; Jiang R.F.; Wang Y.; Yue L.L.; Liu H.; Zeng F.; Ouyang G.F.*Determination of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in leather products using solid-phase microextraction coupled with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Microchem. J. 2014, 112, 159-163.
28. Liu Y.; Liu H.*; Wang C.; Hou S.X.; Yang N. Sustainable energy recovery in wastewater treatment by microbial fuel cells: Stable power generation with nitrogen-doped graphene cathode. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2013, 47, 13889- 13895.
29. Lei Y.M.; Liu H.*; Shen Z.M.*; Wang W.H. Development of a trickle bed reactor of electro-Fenton process for wastewater treatment. J. Hazard. Mater. 2013, 261, 570-576.
30. Ma Y.Q.; Cui K.Y.; Zeng F.*; Wen J.X.; Liu H.; Zhu F.; Ouyang G.F.; Luan T.G.; Zeng Z.X. Microwave-assisted extraction combined with gel permeation chromatography and silica gel cleanup followed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for the determination of organophosphorus flame retardants and plasticizers in biological samples. Anal. Chim. Acta. 2013, 786, 47-53.
31. Jiang C.C.*; Gao Z.; Qu H.L.; Li J.W.; Wang X.X.; Li P.; Liu H.* A new insight into Fenton and Fenton-like processes for water treatment: Part II. Influence of organic compounds on Fe(III)/Fe(II) interconversion and the course of reactions. J. Hazard. Mater. 2013, 250-251, 76-81.
32. Wang Y.; Liu Y.H.; Li X.Z.; Zeng F.; Liu H.*A highly-ordered porous carbon material based cathode for energy-efficient electro-Fenton process. Sep. Purif. Technol. 2013, 106, 32-37.
33. Wang C.; Liu H.*; Li X.Z.; Zheng L.Z. Importance of ambient O2 for electrochemical enrichment of atmospheric CO2. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2013, 52, 2470-2476.
34. Liu H.*; Wang Q.; Wang C.; Li X.Z. Electron efficiency of zero-valent iron for groundwater remediation and wastewater treatment. Chem. Eng. J. 2013, 215-216, 90-95.
35. Cui H.N.; Liu H.*; Shi J.Y.; Wang C. Function of TiO2 lattice defects toward photocatalytic processes: View of electronic driven force. Int. J. Photoenergy 2013, Article ID 364802.
36. Wang C.; Liu H.*; Qu Y.Z. TiO2-based photocatalytic process for purification of polluted water: Bridging fundamentals to applications. J. Nanomater. 2013, Article ID 319637.
37. He G.A.; Liu H.*; Chen R.; Wang C. Transport behavior of engineered nanosized photocatalytic materials in water. J. Nanomater. 2013, Article ID 856387.
38. Chen Y.J.; Cao H.Y.; Shi W.B.; Liu H.*; Huang Y.M.* Fe-Co bimetallic alloy nanoparticles as a highly active peroxidase mimetic and its application in biosensing. Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 5013-5015.
39. Fan W.H.; Shi Z.W.; Yang X.P.; Cui M.M.; Wang X.L.; Zhang D.F.; Liu H.; Guo L. Bioaccumulation and biomarker responses of cubic and octahedral Cu2O micro/nanocrystals in Daphnia magna. Water Res. 2012, 46, 5981-5988.
40. Ding L.X.; Li G.R. *; Wang Z.L.; Liu Z.Q.; Liu H.*; Tong Y.X.* Porous Ni@Pt core-shell nanotube array electrocatalyst with high activity and stability for methanol oxidation. Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 8386-8391.
41. Wang C.; Liu H.*; Sun Z.M; Huang J.; Liao Y. Supported nanosized alpha-FeOOH improves efficiency of photoelectro-Fenton process with reaction-controlled pH adjustment for sustainable water treatment. Int. J. Photoenergy 2012, Article ID 689807.
42. Wang C.; Liu H.*; Sun Z.M. Heterogeneous photo-Fenton reaction catalyzed by nanosized iron oxides for water treatment. Int. J. Photoenergy 2012, Article ID 801694.
43. Lan Q.; Cui K.Y.; Zeng F.*; Zhu F.; Liu H.; Chen H.L.; Ma Y.Q.; Wen J.X.; Luan T.G.; Sun G.Q.; Zeng Z.X. Characteristics and assessment of phthalate esters in urban dusts in Guangzhou city, China. Environ. Monit. Assess, 2012, 184, 4921-4929.
Honors & Distinctions
2015 Executive Chair of 2015 International Symposium on Environmental Science and Technology
2014 Chongqing Municipal Natural Science Prize Class-2
Member of Editorial Advisory Board of Current Green Chemistry
Guest Editors of International Journal of Photoenergy
2013 Session Chair of International Conference on Sustainable Development in Building and Environment
Guest Editors of Journal of Nanomaterials
2012 Demonstration Project for the Practical Technology of Environmental Protection
2006 Guangdong Province Natural Science Prize Class-1